Truck parking for overnight stay

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by HBR, Feb 7, 2012.

1. HBR

HBR Bobtail Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Hi guys,

Im looking for a little advise. How many of you have parked in truck parking areas facilities that provide showers, electrical truck hookup, AC, internet, truckers lounge, easy access, ect. but not truck stops. No food or fuel, but food/fuel is within a half mile or so. Let say the truck stops in the area are really crowded.

If you have please give me some feedback. Even if you haven't used this type of facility would that appeal to any of you? It costs $20/night.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sonic50

sonic50 Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Alpharetta, Ga
    Not for 20 bucks!! 10 i might if i cant find parking at the other place

4. usatrucker01

usatrucker01 Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2011
    pensacola,fl
    nah, 20 years i never paid 20 to park any where

5. Treefork

Treefork Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Northeast Indiana
    20 bucks and a 1/2 mile walk for dinner? For 20 bucks someone better make dinner and bring it out to my truck.

VisionLogistics Thanks this.
  6. Kansas

Kansas Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2009
    aircap, Ks.
    Nope, not for that kinda money. Not unless its down town NYC and youre providing security. Then it would be a maybe but probably not.

7. dude6710

dude6710 Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    MN
    Ud be lucky if people would park there for free.

8. HBR

HBR Bobtail Member

Feb 7, 2012
    This is in an area of North Dakota and Montana around the Bakken Oilfield. Tons of trucks and very little facilities of any kind, certainly when you get up around Williston ND. From truckers I have talked to in the area they just need somewhere to get away from the craziness and park without getting harassed. Like I stated in my original post truck stops are crowded and sometimes a hassle to get out of. I wanted however to get opinions of other truckers out of the area to see what the general thought was.

$20 is steep but kind of what is needed to make the thing work so maybe it is out of the question. Would the fuel savings of plugging in a truck for heat or AC justify the costs?

9. Treefork

Treefork Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Northeast Indiana
    You're talking about a pretty specific type of truck parking. Might be better to try and poll oilfield truckers.

10. dave26027

dave26027 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Dallas, Texas
    Your customers are going to be tired, dirty, grouchy and short tempered. They'll resent having to pay for a quiet place to stay. They'll be demanding and rushed.

And hungry.

I'm glad I'm not YOU.

VisionLogistics Thanks this.
  11. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    if you build it...they will come. Period! Now i think your idea is stupid, why you ask? No Food, No Showers, No Bathroom, good luck!

And the other reason why your idea is stupid, is ND is BFE, no one lives there, and non one cares about ND, SD, MT etc so if its hot or cold im Idleing...your wild life will survive, im not paying to not idle....for any reason.

American Trucker

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.