Truck parking for overnight stay

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by HBR, Feb 7, 2012.

1. leftlanetruckin

leftlanetruckin Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Mo Via Blackpool,Lancs.
    Guess I may be one of the few that actually read what the OP said.
    He is around Williston,ND. Yeah, that is BFE. Yeah, there is absolutely no truck parking there due to the oil field trucks parking every night.
    I ran blades through there years ago, and could always park in the one and only truckstop there by the Wal Mart. Last time I went through there last year, I couldn't have bought a parking spot there on the Sunday I went through there. I ended up in Minot before I found a spot, and that was a crap spot to be honest.
    I would say that $20 is not going to happen, even in the circumstances that exist around there. $10 would be a possibility though, and maybe a discount for a month in advance etc. You would have to offer something besides a parking spot though. Shuttle to hotels, tire shop, a guy doing PM's, etc.

Martin

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    He could get $20 but everyone would hate him for it. Truck parking up there is in such high demand that non trucking businesses have expanded their lots to accommodate all the trucks. Storage parking is needed to, even as far away as Dickinson. Trucks are lined up for fuel at every available pump 24 hours a day.

You could throw a layer of gravel down in a field anywhere up there and it would be full of trucks as soon as they noticed it. I know that because that's what they've been doing up there. Any available space is pounced on.

4. Peterbeatinit

Peterbeatinit Medium Load Member

Mar 8, 2012
    San Antonio Tx
    To be honest..why pay 20 bucks..

Most walmarts have to let their trucks in to load/unload and there is ample room behind em to pull in and take a nap at night and still not block the docks.

same thing for large shopping malls...Industrial parks the streets are pretty wide..lots of alternatives to truck stops..just gotta know where to look

:D

Petey

5. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Not in Williston.

6. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    good luck with walmart, most times the rent a cop is banging on your door before you can even pull the brakes!

American Trucker

7. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    very opionated for 22 isn'y he
    on the fishing boats he wouldn;t have lasted long

Roadmedic Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.