Truck parking problem H.R. 6104

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by frmtxsu, Mar 13, 2020.

1. frmtxsu

frmtxsu Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2019
    Houston, TX
    We all know the problem of trying to find parking. Here is a solution that is being proposed in Congress H.R.6104 it is a bipartisan bill. Let's band together and support it, hold are Representatives and government responsible and accountable for it's execution. This greatly affects us and the general public. If we stick together, we can get their attention and show them to respect us. we all talk about change and things being better and banding together well here's our chance. No need for excuses or reasons why it won't work, it will be wasted, etc. Let's stick together drivers and get this done. if they related post is up somewhere else on this site, moderators you are welcome to roll this conversation into it. Thanks for reading and considering everyone. Have a safe successful day

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. frmtxsu

Apr 29, 2019
    Houston, TX
    I am currently contacting every representative in the house of Congress as well as senators at my state, my company and asking them for their supportI am even thinking about creating a petition and definitely going to be talking to other drivers on the CB or truck stops or anyone else anywhere else that I can think of

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    D.Tibbitt and PoleCrusher Thank this.
  5. frmtxsu

Apr 29, 2019
    Houston, TX
    Okay great I'm glad that other drivers are aware of it reading about it and talking about it

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  6. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    If you really want to have your opinion and support of this legislation stand out, take the time to send a hand written letter, very short to the address of your member of the US House of Representatives, either to one of his local offices, or the one in Washington.
    The staffer who has to open it, probably a 30 something who has never known anything but emails, and how easy they are to delete will remember having to actually deal with it, and the message will stick in their brain. Then, next time they have a staff meeting, it will be brought up, instead of the emails that were ignored or deleted.

7. Smitts Myth

Smitts Myth Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2019
    Govt doesnt give a #### about you or your carriers problems. They want you to sleep somewhere illegal so they can write a ticket.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.