Truck prices are insane

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Wespipes, Oct 28, 2021.

1. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    I’d want this “tax” explained if it were me. Explained well.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. fordconvert

fordconvert Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
    nebraska
    I agree. He was saying that Brandon and the plague are involved in it.

4. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    My guess would be that iron ore is mined out of the earth.. so Brandon imposed a tax on steel so his tree hugging voter friends would be proud of the old fool..
    Even though the raw materials used to make batteries for electric vehicles is mined from the earth too....but that doesn't matter...

LET'S GO BRANDON

5. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I'd rather go work for Walmart in a White Uniform than buy a used 200K mile Pete for 210K. Or I would 10 times more sold that truck and then go for a Walmart job. My Goodness...what are those people, if not losers to become soon?
    BTW:
    Any takers for 2009 Volvo 1 350 000 miles on it....still sharp like a razor, comfy like a living room sofa - asking only $150 000 or best bid... ?Hey, for $25K more, I'll throw at the deal my 5 years old MC# . Pristine clean record and good, unpretentious name.. ( LOL or not LOL, is the question?)

OK...I still need Hazmat for that WM job, don't I?
    I'd better get on it now.

P.S.
    Yeah...I almost forgot! Trailer!!!!! 2017 Utility - only one patch in the roof...just replaced all brake shoes and drums - only $50K or best offer.

For $225 0000 you can have the whole package...entire trucking business....

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  6. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Freight pays the same no matter what
    These fools pay for a used truck.
    Get every penny you can and laugh
    At them on the way out the door.

Derailed, Opus and Last Call Thank this.
  7. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Any time there is a shortage of anything it creates a sense of urgency to buy what is available. Trucks are no different, and it’s coupled with high freight rates which adds to it. It’s no secret that nobody really has anything much available until 2023 unless you’re already on the list for 2022, and that created a sense of panic for people who may want or need a newer truck. The worst situation to be in right now would be expanding because you’re paying inflated prices without anything to offset them. If you’re simply going from one truck to another the dollars basically offset themselves because you’re selling your current truck at an inflated price.

Midwest Trucker Thanks this.
  8. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    They'll be coming here before you know it, reading like I can haul for 1,5 a mile and still make profit, while they...####e their pants as the repo men is about to knock on their doors. I don't know If I should laugh or cry. No matter how you look at it...it ain't good for anybody staying in the business. I won't be surprised to see $1.5 a mile within the next 6 months...with a blink of an eye.

SL3406, Western flyer, DrFlush and 2 others Thank this.
  9. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    over 200 000 for a 200 000 mile Pete...that's not a sense of urgency. That's nonsense!

Western flyer Thanks this.
  10. Last Call

Mar 15, 2021
    There's a special kind of stupid.. walking around with checkbooks right now..I have no sympathy for them either.. nor will I when they start their river of tears when they are broke

11. Last Call

Mar 15, 2021
    Laugh at them.. that's what I'am gonna do

12. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    You don’t know what he sold or if he sold anything. So going on price alone you can’t really make any judgements. What if he had a truck he just sold with 500k on it and he got $130k for it? So he upgraded for $80k.

Unless you’re starting up or expanding, everything right now is relative. You’re selling your current equipment for more and paying more for its replacement, but it’s all relative. The numbers don’t change much. Don’t get hung up on the purchase price.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.