truck riding rough..

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by fenster164, Mar 25, 2019.

1. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Do you feel it in the steering wheel ? Any strange tire wear on the steers?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. fenster164

fenster164 Bobtail Member

May 10, 2018
  4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    If your cab airbags are hard as a rock, this will be the problem. With full air in them, they are not acting like they are designed for, you will fell every bump that the chassis is creating.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  5. adayrider

adayrider Road Train Member

May 7, 2018
    Cab bags are different then suspension bags. Cab bags were made to support the weight of the cab and are small so they will be hard all the time. Suspension bags are bigger and sized to pick up a load, so if you are empty you will be able to push then in a little . If your loaded they will be hard as a rock. Cab bags are loaded at all times and are hard at all times.

flood Thanks this.
  6. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    I have a 2014 Cascadia when my kingpins were shot the truck was shaking and bouncing in the front. Changed shocks had it aligned but it wasn't until I took it to a shop that specializes in suspension that they pinpointed the problem. I felt it thru the steering wheel and had strange tire wear on the steers.

7. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    the dealer can tell you where and how to check it

My truck has a mark on the frame you measure from the top of the axle to the Mark is your height the adjustment on my truck is where the rod connects to the rear suspension there are 12 holes at an angle moving the Rock from one hole to the other hole will adjust the height of the truck

Just a quick eyeball way to check to see if it looks like it's closed is your tire should be roughly about 1 inch lower than the frame rail if there's if it's higher than that the airbags are overinflated it's a frame is even with tires or below the top of the tires and they're under-inflated

8. IndianaF150

IndianaF150 Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2014
    Try this.

I had a mechanic tell me .... and i started looking at other trucks in the lot .... rather than using a ruler .... just adjust the height so the top of the tires is equal to the top of the frame.

In my case it worked perfectly. No grinding of the U joint, truck runs great and doesnt bottom out.

The truck stands proud now.

Am i a mechanic .... no. Should you swear by what i said ..... no. Its just what worked for my KW T700

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.