Truck Stop Bums

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by conjuntoron, Jan 30, 2015.

1. exhausted379

exhausted379 Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2013
    I doubt they could read it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mp4694330

mp4694330 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Chicagoland
    They not that bad, c'mon...

double yellow Thanks this.
  4. Warrior Pump

Warrior Pump Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2015
    I used to be bothered by panhandlers at the Petro in North Little Rock. However, I haven't encountered any this month.

5. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    The red & white mints aren't bad, but those white chocolate squares taste like stale antacids...

mp4694330 Thanks this.
  6. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Probably because they ARE stale antacids. The maid was sucking on it and said, "yuck, this thing tastes stale," so she left it on the towel. . .

7. Kindle

Kindle Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    Charlotte, NC I pull into the Bojangles off Statesville rd/ I-85. Bum hits me up when I come out. He "needs to get across town". I eat and go to Pilot across the highway. Same bum, he saw he already hit me up and moved on. Another bum on the way in, another by the door. All got the no. That Pilot is a real hole, though if you like crack thats an area for it. I always tell them I don't carry cash. I'm wondering how long before they get smart phones and ask to bum money into their bank accounts.

Skydivedavec and tommymonza Thank this.
  8. OutOfIdeas

OutOfIdeas Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2014
    One thing I like about running mostly 80/90 in the winter. Too #### cold for the bums and panhandlers now.

Skydivedavec and RVTransporter Thank this.
  9. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Yeah, they've all moved down to the 8 and 10 in the desert.

10. Skydivedavec

Skydivedavec Medium Load Member

Sep 12, 2013
    Mid-Atlantic
    What is it about truck stops that they all go there to panhandle, anyway? Texas gets the prize, if you ask me. Yes, Pilot in Charlotte should be bulldozed. Houston TA early one evening I must have been approached five times in an hour of being there. Do they think truckers are wealthy? Or generous? Or wealthy and generous! I always just say I don't carry cash.

I don't care how much money you have, you could give it all away in a short amount of time if every time you're asked you open your wallet.

11. Skydivedavec

Skydivedavec Medium Load Member

Sep 12, 2013
    Mid-Atlantic
    Love's in Baxter, TN two weeks ago, man and a woman working the parking lot "polishing wheels." "No man," I told them, "I drive a company truck, and besides I don't carry cash." Ended up talking to them for twenty minutes getting their stories (lies), and every other thing they said contradicted what was said previously.

Later a driver who hired them caught them red handed ransacking his truck, had his cell phone and they were attempting to steal his flat-screen TV. The driver said he handled it. I don't know what he meant by that but I didn't see them again that day, or a week later when I took another 10 hour break there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.