Truck Stop Cowboys

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by jon69, Nov 28, 2020.

1. sirhwy

sirhwy Medium Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Central Iowa
    Well...this time of year especially, my old bald head gets real cold. Other times, I’m hiding from getting it sun burned. That’s ok, there are plenty that trust me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    1B7A73BE-B383-4F9E-919A-4DD630EEB780.png
    Man, that’s too funny. Since that Truck is exactly like mine too.

BigBob410, JonJon78, John E. and 7 others Thank this.
  4. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I always wore a baseball cap, especially at work. I quit wearing them in my 30s because everyone said it causes baldness. Now I’m bald anyways. Keep forgetting to wear one, and get a sunburned head. Common skin cancer area. I always heard Guys with facial hair are hiding something, maybe an ugly mug? Lol. Nothing wrong with a nice hat. Old pictures of my Grandpa and Uncles, in 1945, all dressed up in suits, smoking Cigars. And of course a hat. Styling!!! Looking like a bunch of gangsters.

BigBob410, John E., 650cat425 and 6 others Thank this.
  5. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    That's what I was told too. My dad said I take after his dad and that I'd be completely bacld by the time I hit 40. I didn't care and wore hats a lot. Now 71, And I'm still not bald. But my hairline had moved to the raer and is almost ready to catch the bare spot on the back of my head.
    A guy told me once that there are some guys that have perfectly shaped heads. And that everyone else has hair. Lol

6. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    It's also where the Santa Gertrudis breed of beef cattle was developed.

One of my co-workers is the son of a now-deceased King Ranch cowboy. He said that the ranch provided them with a house and a pickup when his dad was alive. Anyone who knows anything about ranching knows that cowboying doesn't pay very much, but living in a free house and driving a free pickup sure does help make up for it.

7. Crusader66

Crusader66 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2016
    I listen to a radio show on Sunday mornings, don't know if it's just local or nationwide, with Red Steagall. He's an actor, singer, poet, and it's a talk show with some music mixed in with it.

He has various people on, mostly cowboys and/or people that are associated with cowboyin, and they talk cows, horses, anything to do with the cowboy way.

Most of the folks he has on are associated with the huge ranches around the country and a couple of his guests have been from the King Ranch. It's a fascinating operation and mind boggling how big it is.

8. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    I’m sure that conversation pops up at a LOT of town meetings where truck stops are planned (and staunchly opposed)!;)

9. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    I love that show! He calls it Cowboy Corner.

It is available Nationwide on terrestrial radio and on Sirius XM.
    https://www.redsteagall.com/stations

John E., Crusader66 and 650cat425 Thank this.
  10. HiramKingWilliams

HiramKingWilliams Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2019
    State of Jefferson
    The truck stops out here are mostly Singh and Boris. Gone are the cowboy days in truck stops on the west coast. I think they know better.

LameMule Thanks this.
  11. TruckingStraight

TruckingStraight Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2020
    Now i may be all hat and no cattle, all shoes and no saddle but i'll be dead before you catch me in flip flops and shorts. Dropping trailers in the rain, snow and high winds, or beating down sun- you'll re-think that gaudy baseball cap and sneakers. I'm from Ohio, while partially raised on a Farm, i've never had to wrangle in a Blue Northern, nor have i partook in a rodeo. I mostly drive regionally out west, and while i'm more out west than i am back in Ohio, i like to think as a professional driver i'm doing something right. I've seen many types of people in a truck stop, and even if i stand out a bit i'll be glad i'm not them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.