Truck Stop Cowboys

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by jon69, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Most folks wearing broad brimmed hats now days dont even know what the X value stands for.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I pulled a load of Stetson's from a show that cost more than a good used car.

4. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    Zero, in my case. I have a nice Stetson straw hat at home, but I wear a "Simpson Racing" baseball cap when I drive.

5. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    I stopped giving a s about the way people dressed shortly after they quit giving a s about how they looked.
    Seen a whole lot worse than cowboys.

6. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I have a nice straw Stetson I sometime wear and another one just like it, except the nice part, that I wear when working in the yard. Neither was super expensive and both have served me well. On the other hand, I know a guy that spent around $450 on a beaver cowboy hat. I could never feel comfortable with that much invested in a hat.

7. Cowboyrich

Cowboyrich Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Dayton, Washington
    I've worn boots wranglers a western shirt and a stetson since as far back as I can remember, I think op needs to come talk garbage when I'm out throwing chains in a blizzard on cabbage wearing.... stetson and duster nice and warm in the words of the bandit "do the letters FO mean anything to you?"

8. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    Curb sniffers are gonna hate lol! Combat boots, jeans that fit, and many times a collar. Beats pajama pants and plastic truck.

9. LameMule

LameMule Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2020
    Montana
    I think it's funny when someone is dressing up rather than just wearing the clothes they're comfortable in. Some are comfortable in slippers while others prefer boots. Personally I like a pair of tennis shoes for relaxing or screwing off. When there's a chance of work being involved I opt for boots everytime. It's funny to me how people wear sandals and even boots in some cases and will avoid manual labor like the plague.
    The clothes someone wears is typically a good indication of how handy they might be in an inconvenient situation. I'm not saying that homeboy in trackpants and flippy floppys can't chain up or adjust his brakes but the smart money is on the redneck.
    I'm always going over to see what guys are working on just in case they need a tool or some perspective. I appreciate when others do the same. A few days ago a guy gave me a jump in Boise after I changed my alternator. The next morning I gave a guy a jump in Portland and earlier today I helped a guy change out an airbag in Spokane. Rather than judge the guys based on attire I gave assistance as needed and thankfully so did they.
    I do judge the imitation cowboys though, they're just so blatantly out of character that it's offensive in it's very nature.

10. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    Just ask one of those Cowboys how tall he is in "hands." :biggrin_25512:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  11. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    Wait, wait... You mean the guy I saw @Walcott with PRCA and Wrangler stitched into everything wasn't a real cowboy? I mean, I saw him buy a duster in the truckstop to complete his outfit.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.