Truck Stop Cowboys

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by jon69, Nov 28, 2020.

1. LameMule

LameMule Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2020
    Montana
    When you're checking them out and they catch you doing it, just tell them you were admiring their Skoal ring...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sirhwy

sirhwy Medium Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Central Iowa
    Dressing ones self in western attire was absolutely normal for the location and the crowd I was raised up in. I know many, myself included, at one time were very proud of a particular pair of good boots or a western hat, etc. anyone remember the chain of stores called “Western Way”? Nowadays there is Boot Barn, which bought out RCC Western Wear. My point is, there is an entire industry that caters to that lifestyle/ manner of dressing. Last I knew, Boot Barn was a regular sponsor of the Grand Ole Opry. I love walking around Nashville seeing the young hot ladies wearing their nice boots with a short skirt....

The greasy stinky stanky crowd must be proud of their flip flops, they frequently having them on the dash of their truck with filthy feet stuck in them....

4. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    LOL... Now thats funny.

I stand a shade under 18 hands in my socks.

5. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    I'm 17 1/2 hands. Was a Chesnut but Greyed out.

6. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    17 and 15/16ths hands. 18 and 1/2 in my 30 year old favorite pair of boots.

7. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    Heck I wear Carhartt snow skiing.

8. OldeSkool

OldeSkool Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Arkansas
    Some of them are probably snooty, but I agree with what someone said, they probably don’t own a single cow and don’t know themself how to be a cowboy just want the look. I have a hobby farm and when I go to cow sale barns the guys in cowboy hats are usually down to earth and friendly.

9. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    My two sons and I run a few cows. None of us own a cowboy hat or a big belt buckle. Does that mean we're not fashionable or does it mean that we put comfort ahead of style?
    The only guy I have any dealings with that actually wears a cowboy hat is the buyer who shows up twice a year and gives me his same song and dance about why he can't pay more for my calves. I've been dealing with him for twenty five years and I swear it's the same hat. Same song and dance too.

10. GoneButNotForgotten

GoneButNotForgotten Heavy Load Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Roxboro, N.C.
    So in his spare time he is a logistics broker?

11. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    I've wondered about that. Nah...he buys cattle and that's all he does. He works for himself but he buys for different outfits. As buyers go he's pretty honest. Tight fisted as hell...but honest. By honest I mean that I've never actually caught him in a lie, his tally is always right, and his checks don't bounce but he must have a hundred different ways of down-grading a calf.
    He and I argue a lot.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.