Truck stop low lifes

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Lonewolf2000, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Yea, when you offer someone asking for a couple bucks a meal instead, or an opportunity to earn 20 bucks instead of a handful of change and they turn you down saying they'd rather just a couple bucks and you give it to them, are you really helping? I understand what you're trying to say I think but if you hand an addict cash you're not helping them, they'll spend it on whatever they're addiction is instead of food or water, I don't know how many times I've heard the stories of somebody asking for money for a cup of coffee at a truckstop, they usually won't go inside with you and you hand the cashier money for the coffee or whatever.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. redfishcatcher67

redfishcatcher67 Bobtail Member

Apr 23, 2018

4. MBAngel

MBAngel Medium Load Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Tucson, Arizona
    Lol, love how you have so many reasons to not help. There but for the grace of God, go I. I don't know how that person got there. I don't know what gods lesson for him is. I just know that at that moment, I can choose to be someone who helps, or someone who walks away. If I got a few bucks I was just going to spend on coffee or fattening snacks anyway, why not be the one who helps. What's that bible quote... about helping the least helps God? My few dollars is not going to change whether or not they're an addict, or whether or not this is their lifestyle. But walking away changes ME. It makes my heart smaller, and less full. It makes me deserve to be treated badly if I ever need help. It makes my world a crueler place.

superflow, Lite bug and Opus Thank this.
  5. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    It is cute you believe some higher power gives a flying fornication about individuals.

The day the last religious person dies is the first day of a world where everyone is held accountable for their actions. Not blaming some mythical power for their decisions.

expedite_it, TokyoJoe, p608 and 3 others Thank this.
  6. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    indeed

7. BCV

BCV Light Load Member

May 26, 2018
    God is real and I don't judge people. You never know what kind of battle they are fighting.

RockinChair and Opus Thank this.
  8. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    We have a special Religion section on TTR. That's where this thread is headed if the religious references...pro and con...don't stop.

9. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    well REO, why does it have to have it's own box? As far as I can tell, it's just give and take between those who think it's ok, (for religious or whatever reasons), and those who do not.....for their own reasons. Jus sayin.

10. mp8327

mp8327 Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2014
    There are usually some of these people around the truck stops at North Little Rock. I don't like to stop there but sometimes have to for fuel. One that stands out to me is an elderly man I've seen at the Pilot several times this year with the same broken down car story. He doesn't look like the typical downtrodden panhandler. He has clean clothes and wears a blue NAVY hat. I can see how unsuspecting people could be sympathetic to someone like this but he's a hustler.

06driver Thanks this.
  11. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    I often ask these people why they come to a truck stop and not seek help or guidance from a Church.

Also, do the Truck Stop Chapel Ministries get involved at their locations? I'm just curious if there are less bums at these truck stops because they seem to avoid Church assistance.

I suppose the trade off is sometimes the Chapel guys have pestered me on Sunday knocking on my door or leaving pamphlets on my truck, but they didn't bug me for money.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.