**truck Stop Medicines***

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by starstress, Dec 10, 2006.

1. starstress

starstress Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2006
    A-T-L Baby
    Do those things work, like when deyll have da sales lady with da nice chest tryan sell you those supplements and those things they sell over the counter for fat burning and what not, now those stackers have gotten me through a couple overnight shifts but r they worth buyin

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. redrocker1055

redrocker1055 Light Load Member

Nov 26, 2006
    michigan
    Simply put, no they are not, you will get much better results( i am not going to tell, any thing you have not heard) with a balenced diet and exercise...
    The main problem with so called weight losse pills, most have no ingredients- that are medically proven, as with all supplement's they do not have to prove they work to be able to sell to the public.

now of course, there are some sopplemts that do what they promise, such as protein(whey s the best), Omega-3 (this is a most to suport a healthy heart&ood preasure), Green tea(It's great for energy, and it speeds up your matalisom- thus helping you to lose weight).

It's imporant to point out, since you have a cdl you are acountable for drugs you take, many of the energy pills you see in a truck stop WILL CAUSE YOU TO FAIL A DRUG TEST. Many of the low coast diet pills, have the same ingerdients that SPEED HAS. It's hard to tell you which ones. as many compaines change the name, to dupe the consumer...

The bottom line, everybody has a certian amount caloric need. If you are overweight, you are excedeing your daily caloric need, simply put you are eating more than you can burn.. Everyody's caloric need is diferent.
    The only way you will lose weight is by lowering your caloric intake.
    There are many ways to determine your caloic needs. Google BMI
    This is a starting point to find out your, bodys mass( or muscle to fat ratio). from there you can use many diferent caluations to find out of many calories your body needs... The only way you will lose weight is if you find what your healthy weight is, and youes that to calulate your daily caloric needs.....
    The truth is, you will have to work out to get results. there is no magic pill, you will have to put the work in.
    There was a day when i loved to work out, those days are long gone, but i still work out twice a day, an hour in the morning and a hour at night.
    To me the two hour a day i work out is well worth the years i will gain..
    GOOD LUCK, and rember if it is easy, it will not work....

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. pro1driver

pro1driver Heavy Load Member

Mar 30, 2006
    North East, USA

first, i really do wish you would use proper grammer/spelling all the time, (or as much as possible) not your "selective text", etc. we are not a bunch of teeny-boppers here..........

now, as for those "truck stop medicines", i'd rather use the "real" over the counter remedies, such as Nyquil, Bayer, Tylenol, etc,etc.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. paperboy

paperboy Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Stop Trying To Stay Awake On Durgs....they Only Work Temporarily And The After Effects Of Them From Wearing Off Can Happen Suddenly...this Is Often Referred To As A "drug Crash". And That Can Make You Not Alert And Dangerous On The Road. Regular , Full, 8 Hour Sleep Cycles With Plenty Of Excercise And A Balanced Diet Is Usually What Most Bodies Need.
    Be Safe...stay Drug Free. A Multi Vitamin Or Even A B-complex Vitamin Supplement Is Good Because OUR Bodies Require Those Kind Of Vitamins.

REDROCKER IS RIGHT...THOSE O.T.C. RX'S HAVE EPHEDRINE IN THEM...IF YOU CRASH AND HURT SOMEONE.... WITH THAT GARBAGE IN YOUR SYSTEM.....THE KEY WORD IS "LIABILITY"

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. Cerberus101

Cerberus101 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Georgia
    say nope to dope...........

7. starstress

starstress Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2006
    A-T-L Baby
    I didnt know that about some of those having things in them that make you fail a drug test. Thnaks for the heads up

8. 4wayflashers

4wayflashers Heavy Load Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Those pills are unregulated and have varying amounts of who knows what in them. They come from places like China and Mexico and have very poor quality control.
    US drug companies go to great lengths to sterilize machinery when they begin producing a new batch of a drug to assure there is none of the last batch of a different drug in the mixer. With all of the highly controlled practices in US there is still cross contamination. So not only are they intentionally putting unlabeled products in those pills they are also not concerned with having consistent amounts or if theres a hot batch or if theres cross contamination.
    In short, those pills might work but some have dangerous compounds in them that is not listed on the label. You could easily fail a drug test or have complications and side effects after taking these.

9. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    this one is from 2006

your really digging up the dregs

10. 4wayflashers

4wayflashers Heavy Load Member

Mar 14, 2014
    I once picked up and drove 800 miles with the wrong load. You expect me to check the dates on a forum post??? :dontknow:

PE_T, Mototom, Jenn72 and 4 others Thank this.
  11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You are replying to something 13 years ago.

PE_T Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.