Truck stop scams....

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by EdwardTheTrucker, Mar 14, 2011.

1. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    The ones I keep running into are the guys at bus stations who all give me the same story: "Man, I just got out of prison." Like I care. My standard response is "Sorry, I don't carry cash anymore."

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ronin

ronin Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    You being just out of prison has what bearing on MY life? (Rhetorical question, not directed at you)

4. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    I don't know. Maybe it's an intimidation tactic. You know "I just got outta prison, and I'm not afraid to go back!" kinda deal. Bugger'em. I ain't that tough, but I am 6'2" and know how to take advantage of my reach. It'll take more than a convicted crack dealer to spook me...I save all my scared for the eventual zombie attacks!:biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559:

5. ronin

ronin Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    Yeah, well I just to butt-rape guys much bigger than you when I was in prison... so what were you asking?

6. I_HATE_MINIVANS

I_HATE_MINIVANS Heavy Load Member

If the sob story even mentioned his minivan was out of gas I'd say "GOOD ###### RIDDANCE, THAT SLOW-### PIECE OF #### SHOULDN'T BE ON THE ROAD ANYWAY"

:biggrin_2559:

7. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    Almost got run over at Walmart the other day by a cutie. She said she was sorry, then told me she needed my help!

Started telling me her and the husband had just moved here blah-blah-blah...........if I didn't have a steady GF..................:yes2557:

8. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    How hard is it to just say NO!

9. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    I had been hustled twice at the Abq Flying J amd was about to tell the third guy to go fly a kite until he asked me for a jumpstart. His truck wouldn't fire up. After trying to jump it I figured out the starter had a bad ground cable. We managed to get it started after I jiggled the cable. Sometimes you run into a guy who really does need help.

Since I run so much between Ft. Worth and Albuquerque, I get hustled by the same people more than once. Usually the same story, lol.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  10. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Saw this sign at a rest stop on the 99 in PA yesterday - paraphrase.

The beggers are local people, they come here every day, they are liars, do not give them any money.

11. the gambler

the gambler Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Kentucky
    Seen the same sign on I-75 rest area just southof Dayton OH.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.