truck stop story

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by kidz bop, May 14, 2018.

1. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.

not4hire Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    It isn't that complicated:
    • A woman can comment on how another woman is dressed.
    • A woman can comment on how a man is dressed.
    • A man can comment on how another man is dressed.
    • A man can comment on how his daughter is dressed (limited), or how his granddaughter is dressed (unlimited).
    • A man can, at his own peril, comment on how his wife is dressed.
    o_O ;)

4. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Again, big difference between asking what is wrong or saying that you are offended and "guys like that sort of thing"

5. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    in today's world, many of us guys are treading gingerly as we do talk!

Coover Thanks this.
  6. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    why do you call thier jobs...bad jobs"?

your job as a trucker has more of a bad job AND reputation about it, than the girls job will ever have.

Badmon Thanks this.
  7. kidz bop

kidz bop Medium Load Member

Oct 5, 2017
    well i'm assuming mopping floors is minimum wage or near it and maybe even part time. i personally can't live off that i had bad jobs an example was dish washer, and before that i had tons of bad jobs through a temporary employment agency. i'm not trying to shame anyone for having bad jobs. but we can agree not all jobs are equal. bad is a vague term, i'm not trying to put a negative connotation on them, but they are jobs i currently will not want to do again. i can't live off it.

in trucking there is good and bad jobs. for example ups driver's quite a few of them can easily take home over 100k a year. while that second company i was with if you worked 70 hours a week most you could make was 3k net pay a month, and that's like 30 something k a year take home. definitely those jobs are not equal. some jobs better than others. i was also making 30 something k doing a job way more dangerous than what ups driver's have to do. while they got paid more. i could give more examples if you need them.

the job i currently have in trucking is really good based on the previous companies i was with and where i am at now. my pay is real good, not ups standards, but way up there compared to where i used to be. one of the trucking jobs i don't want to lose.

8. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    so you place the blame on the women who are working, and try to turn it around that trucking is both good and bad.

when YOU WORK all sorts of hours and figure out YOUR pay, YOU TOO are close to minimum wage...think about it.

you side stepped things long ago, best you zip it, as you dug yourself into a hole, you cannot get out of.

best you work on a public apology when your company gets wind of this from you. remember, they do not want bad press, and you gave it to them in spades.

cybill234 Thanks this.
  9. kidz bop

kidz bop Medium Load Member

Oct 5, 2017
    it was a big misperception/miscommunication. it wasn't my intention to harass, and i apologized immediately.

cybill234 Thanks this.
  10. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    yes, because you proved that truckers are a low class of rude, ignorant, jerks.

any reason why we should be loved by the public/?????

dunchues Thanks this.
  11. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    What did you think her reaction would be?

driverdriver and buddyd157 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.