Truck stops with good food

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by ronjeremyjr, Mar 6, 2020.

1. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Across the streeet from Loves in ontario oregon, they have 3 food trucks , mexican , bbq , and thai. The thai food is the best followed by the bbq... i29 in south dakota theres a small truck stop where all the bullhaulers and oversize guys park that has a dang good deli , my go to stop up that way. Lots of good bbq joints in texas off the interstate in texas. I17 in between phx and flagstaff , very very good resturant if u ever get down that way. Good resturant off the interstate 70 in pocahontas illinois area. There is lots of good stops just have to be on the lookout for them. Eventually u get tired of the same truckstops food or atleast i do , so i tend to gravitate towards resturants with truck parking , even if food isnt great atleast u dont get mega carriers that rip ur hood off and poor piss everywhere

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BackwoodsGA

BackwoodsGA Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Elgin Nd
    Friendly gus exit 54 off I 16 in Dublin Ga.

bzinger and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  4. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    What's the place in South Dakota off 29 you speak of?

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  5. D.Tibbitt

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Exit 62 on i29 countryside travel stop i think its called. They will make u a fresh salad and any kind of sandwhich u want. Plus they got all ur fried foods if ur into that. Great macaroni salad and potato salad. First time i discovered it was about 2am and u could still fit 20 trucks in there. There is no sitdown resturant just a deli, but well worth it . Mostly oversize and bullhaulers everytime i go, so u know its a good place lol

6. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Heaven on Earth restaurant, I 5, exit 86 in Azalea, Or. Not a truck stop but has parking and good food too.

7. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Oh ok..you're talking about Murfreesboro. It's the Shell with the cheesesteak joint in there. That cheesesteak place left a lot to be desired in my opinion. It was expensive and not all that great. Some will beg to differ. You're right, they do sell chicken but I think on the convenience store side.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  8. mud23609

mud23609 Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2015
    309 truck stop on pa 309. It’s paid parking. The lot is full of pot holes so big they have their own pot holes. Tiny store with not much stock and only a porta John for a bathroom. But the tiny run down restaurant that shares its parking lot has good food made fresh at a decent price.

Vampire, D.Tibbitt and x1Heavy Thank this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    IF you think you see a diner anywhere on 1 in Jersey, don't waste your money. It's 12.00+ tax for a slice of sandwitch roastbeef on a plate.

However Jersey has one spot with room for maybe 4 trucks catty cornered, you can probably have some good vittles. Its unfortunately in the woods north of the NJTP as the river flows towards the sea.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  10. kredd34

kredd34 Light Load Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Yep that's it..

11. D.Tibbitt

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Since were on the topic of PA , Theres a cool little truckstop up in east earl pa on us322 martinstrailside express. Although i cant recommend the food anymore as they closed there deli and put in a fried chicken place . But they got like 20 different kinds of lemonade and tea in there and some local amish food brands from that area

Vampire and x1Heavy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.