Truck stops with hiking trails! For dogs and their truckers.

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by PermanentTourist, May 18, 2019.

1. Fruity Trucker

Fruity Trucker Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2021
    Some people enjoying the scenery and not looking at trucks and walking in circles at a truck stop! PS there’s a huge difference between trail hiking and just taking a walk too FYI

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Fruity Trucker

Nov 5, 2021
    Please keep posting, I’m writing them down as you post

Boondock Thanks this.
  4. Fruity Trucker

Nov 5, 2021
    From Rosco, Coco & Jax 7A4A4AD0-212A-4EE8-B8C5-1197818A4101.jpeg

Boondock and Elroythekid Thank this.
  5. Fruity Trucker

Nov 5, 2021
    This is not far from where I live and it’sa beautiful hike for anyone that has the opportunity to go

Boondock Thanks this.
  6. Fruity Trucker

Nov 5, 2021
    I’m personally
    I’m personally writing them down lol

Boondock Thanks this.
  7. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Interstate 80 exit 6 in Wyoming. Just a little walk under the freeway is the Bear River State Park with miles of walking trails along the river. Bison are fenced in a huge corral and you can often see other wildlife along the river walk. Circles back under the freeway again and end up across a walking bridge and returns back to the main street to the truck stop.

Interstate 5 exit 33 Medford Oregon, behind the Pilot is another walking/biking trailer that goes on for miles each way as well.

Will be thinking of more in the coming days. I had my dog on the truck for 4 years, so I know all about that...

8. zaroba

zaroba Heavy Load Member

Aug 28, 2012
    South East PA
    EASY ACCESS TO A LIST OF ALL THE TRAILS!!

CHECK OUT Truckerstrails.net
    Home - Truckers Trails

It isn't anything fancy, but I had been writing down every place with trails and posting it on Facebook and reddit when people asked about exercising. People kept saying I should put the list online somewhere for easy access so while taking a 34 I whipped up a simple website sorting all the places by state along with pictures of each location and where the trails start.

Basically a 'beta' of the site. The layout and overall design may change.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
  9. Elroythekid

Elroythekid Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    Lucy thinks otherwise.. 20191122_190938.jpg 20180110_170755.jpg 20160112_152018.jpg IMG_0516.jpg IMG_0254.jpg

10. PermanentTourist

PermanentTourist Heavy Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    48 states + Canada
    That's so awesome that you did this! You deserve all the upvotes.

Also, it's always nice to see other truckers messing around with coding and web design and stuff. Probably the most productive way to spend your 34 or other boring down time. It keeps the brain working, and we can have another job when we all get replaced by self-driving trucks lol.

I know a guy who learned 3D design and now freelances making character models for online games while stuck at a shipper or whatever.

Meanwhile I learned python and wrote a program that imports data from my weekly Landstar earnings statement PDFs into a SQL database and analyzes it for average profit, miles per gallon, and stuff like that.

Boondock and VinceBlack Thank this.
  11. zaroba

zaroba Heavy Load Member

Aug 28, 2012
    South East PA
    Ehh, it's just a cheesey wordpress thing on a web host I'm still paying for from long ago. I honestly wouldn't be against somebody with real web design skills making a much nicer site and I'd even point the domain to their site for free and keep paying for it.

Boondock Thanks this.
  12. pagan22

pagan22 Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Alabama
    The Mr Fuel/Pilot in Spiceland, IN off 70 has an undeveloped area behind it where the roads are placed. It's just fields in between the roads, so good walking for you and your dog.

The Crestview, FL EB rest area off 10 also has a huge area for walking your dogs. Lots of wildlife run back there too, so if you have a hound they'll love to go sniffing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.