Truck stops with hiking trails! For dogs and their truckers.

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by PermanentTourist, May 18, 2019.

1. JimbobCrow

JimbobCrow Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2021
    Stringtown OK Choctaw Travel Plaza. You can walk 1.75mi up Fred’s Fish Camp Rd to the Atoka Reservoir with trails. The road sees very little traffic. I caught a few bass and crappie there a week ago on a 34 too if you’re into fishing.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. astruck

astruck Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2022
    Railroad Pass, Henderson, NV. Multiuse trailhead right at the parking lot.

4. astruck

astruck Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2022
    TA on I-10 west of Phoenix, exit 103. Shaded purple is state land.
    C06F1202-C1B8-4AA4-BF92-511B58712BDA.png

5. astruck

astruck Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2022
    I-70 exit 26, Grand Junction, CO. Across the tracks, under the bridge, down the road. Should get you to the river trail system. I didn’t walk this to prove access. But there is no fence between Pilot and the tracks. 39B68B4E-49FC-48FC-90C2-0EC4938A5027.jpeg

6. PermanentTourist

PermanentTourist Heavy Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    48 states + Canada
    I found an awesome new place

AZ, I-40 exit 240 just east of Flagstaff. No facilities, but enough space for one or two semis. It's a whole old abandoned town, with ruins and caves and stuff. Very southwest. Great place for a half hour break walk, especially if you're running early - as you'll probably spend at least an hour exploring everything.

Attached Files:

7. JimbobCrow

Aug 28, 2021
    North Mankato MN on 169. There’s a BP with truck parking immediately north of the intersection with 14 that’s across the road from two spacious dog parks within a larger recreation area with trails along the Minnesota River. Fishing access on the river and a small lake across from the kwik trip immediately south of 14.

silverspur and Studebaker Hawk Thank this.
  8. JimbobCrow

Aug 28, 2021
    Breezewood PA park at the TA, no more than a quarter mile east on US-30. On google maps or truckerspath you’ll see a trailhead indicator labeled “abandoned PA turnpike”. It’s about a two mile walk on what used to be the toll road/76 to the entrance of a tunnel, and goes on at least 10mi from there. Very interesting.

Attached Files:

9. PermanentTourist

PermanentTourist Heavy Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    48 states + Canada
    Ooh, I've heard of those. This one is definitely on my list. I usually avoid the turnpike cuz it's expensive and narrow and weird, I prefer the 80... but hopefully one day I'll be on a lazy run through there and finally make it to the old tunnels.

86scotty and Coffey Thank this.
  10. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    I know this is an old post, but do you actually believe this? You think you can fish for free in every other state without a license because you don't live there? Who told you this? Whoever told you this is an idiot. You HAVE to have a license to fish in ANY STATE you are fishing in. It's known as a non-resident fishing license. If you get caught fishing without one the fine is usually about 200 dollars.

The only exception is if you are using a cane pole and a bobber. Rod and reelers require licenses.

11. navypoppop

navypoppop Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    Unless you are fishing on private property with the owners permission. We travel in our rv and a lot of the rv parks have ponds with catch and release.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.