truck terminals in LA for new drivers

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by BigpopperRunner, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigpopperRunner

BigpopperRunner Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2019
    Tha'ts actually pretty cool, Those two companies are really close to my house. Thanks man!

Chinatown Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Get all the endorsements, then you'll be prepared if some high paying local tanker outfit has openings later.
    Here's an example > click here > Apply On Company Site
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  5. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    There are a LOT of trucking company terminals in Fontana and Jurupa Valley. I recommend you zoom Google Maps into that area, then type the search term "trucking company". Dozens of icons will pop up with a list of them. Phone numbers, web sites, Google ratings, it's all right there for your research.

Then go do a meet and greet. Make appointments. Let them know a bit about you and find out about them. DO ask them what truck driving schools they accept AND ask about their training program.

tscottme Thanks this.
  6. BigpopperRunner

Jan 10, 2019
    Yeah I been studying like crazy for hazmat, tankers, doubles/triples, I been doing the online sample tests and also on youtube as well.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. BigpopperRunner

Jan 10, 2019
    Thanks for the advice, the school I am going to attend has good ratings and is the only school close by my house that offers weekend classes, some other schools the ratings are mehh lol. But yeah I will browse around while I am in school to see which company to work for.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  8. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Google "trucking companies" and "Los Angeles" or your particular part of the city. You might get different results using Google Maps versus Google.com

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  9. BigpopperRunner

Jan 10, 2019
    Awesome! thanks for the advice, I know some facilities are not listed under google but it does show up on google maps.

tscottme Thanks this.
  10. some other trucker

some other trucker Light Load Member

Apr 23, 2018
    Oak harbor freight lines in Chino.

Oak Harbor Freight Lines, Inc.

They list a lot of their requirements as preferred, for ltl. If you do well on the road test, they may be willing to bring you on.

11. BigpopperRunner

Jan 10, 2019
    thanks for the advice! I see them around a lot, I don't mind doing LTL work, I need to stay active while trucking lol.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.