Truck Wash

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by Gold_Miner, Sep 9, 2013.

1. J_FROG

J_FROG Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    49 states and Canada
    I called breakdown today to verify since I was off when the message was sent. Its as simple as pulling into a beacon and asking for a tractor wash. USA has an account with them now and will pay for just a standard wash. Anything else is on you. Only catch is you must be hooked to a trailer when you go in. The trailer does not get washed so I don't understand why and they couldn't explain that catch either. Only good for once a month.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RetiredSarge

RetiredSarge Medium Load Member

Blue beacon must have it confused, people are getting the trailers washed too, being told by blue beacon personnel that that is the way account is set up

4. Thomas0810

Thomas0810 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2007
    BlueRidge Texas
    the way I understood the Qc message was for tractor only,had to be attached to a trailer,no bobtails,trailer washouts had to be approved by bd.I see this thing getting shut down quick if BlueBeacon is charging them for tractor and trailer too.An old timer here told me they had a BlueBeacon account back in the day and of course drivers abused it by getting their tractors washed once a week so they quit paying for them

5. J_FROG

J_FROG Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    49 states and Canada
    Well, if it gets abused I wouldn't be surprised. That's the way a lot of people are now days. I didn't mind getting comchecks. I would just call the beacon ahead of time and get the price, then send a message to bd. By the time I got in line id have everything ready to go.

6. falcon241073

falcon241073 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Germantown, TN
    I got wash two days ago. Cobtacted BD. They said cobtact them on qc. Tell them which blue beacon you are going to and they'd set up the PO. If you are not past thirty days they will qc you back. I was told alwsys cintact BD first for the PO.

Dobt want anyone getting stuck with a $45 bill. And they didn't say anything to me about a trailer.

7. WhoMadeWho

WhoMadeWho Bobtail Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Springfield, MO
    I was told in orientation last November

8. DGStrong71

DGStrong71 Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2013
    70° west
    Thats my point. They were apparently telling new hires in orientation but didn't bother to tell those of that's been with the company for a while. USA is always changing policies but word never gets out to anyone but the new hires. You cant even get an employee handbook here thats less than 3-4 years old.

9. J_FROG

J_FROG Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    49 states and Canada
    Hey, there is something we can agree on...lol

Yes, lack of communication is the biggest problem at USA and leads to many of the smaller problems. Not only from management to drivers, but management to shops, day shift to night shift, safety to anybody.. it just doesn't happen. Everyone has their own little bubble.
    Sometimes I believe its also a cost cutting method. If we don't tell them, they won't use it... that's how a lot of extra pay like breakdown and shuttle pay get avoided.

Reycer and DGStrong71 Thank this.
  10. Gold_Miner

Gold_Miner Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Burnet, TX
    Yes lack of communication is a big problem. The qualcomm message said to go to Blue Beacon to get a truck wash, but did not explain the details on how that would work. Do we go there and put it on our comdata (just like fuel) or do we go there and they just bill USA. Also, so we put the reciept in our transaction paper work?

Has anyone done it, if so how does it work and what can I expect first time I try it?

11. DGStrong71

DGStrong71 Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2013
    70° west
    I just got mine washed a couple days ago. All you have to do is tell them that your company has an account with them and they'll look it up in the computer.

Gold_Miner Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.