Truck won't perform parked regen, trying to get home

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Derov, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Riverstick

Riverstick Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Ireland
    What was the outcome of this situation?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ICT-Troy429

ICT-Troy429 Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Cumberland, WI
    I am betting that the ardhead component needs to be replaced. The truck wont do a regen, and it won't run until it does. There really is no way to bypass the ecm to continue without a regen. You need a tow truck buddy. Emission control is a pain in the butt when the components are defective. They are more trouble then they areworth, thats for sure. Oh the ard head is basically a spark plug with a looped wire on the bottom that heats up, I had one replaced and the part alone was over 800 dollars. Sorry about your luck.....hope things go better and you get home.

x1Heavy and tonyjxn Thank this.
  4. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    when i was with my first trainer
    i told him this engine feels like fuel filters are plugged up
    he told me mind my own buisness
    by then chk eng lights etc started flashing he tried to do manual regen to no avail
    but road assist put on new fuel filters ran great
    only $595 for a 2am road call for 2 filters and 15 minutes

but what do i know

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. JohnP3

JohnP3 Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Rock Creek B.C. Canada
    That is one reason I always recommend a Davco filter set up, you can look and see when the filter is dirty and drain the water if it has any.

6. Derov

Derov Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Long story short, the vehicle was towed to a repair facility just south of SLC and was in the shop until the 29th. Apparently, a solenoid was malfunctioning and the DPF system itself needed to be 'de-gunked'. In a last ditch effort to make it to my appointment, we rented a vehicle and drove from Utah to New Jersey, but still missed the appointment. There was no apology and in fact the only response I got was a nasty message about being out of the truck for so long. The reason? Hurricane Sandy. We were extremely fortunate and able to get a tank of gas on the way in, before the fuel shortages. On the way back to Utah, I called my FM to give her an update on what time we would be back at the truck and ready for a load, as we were not going to be driving after making a 36 hour non-stop trip across the USA in a minivan. She informed me that when a hurricane hits the east coast, she always tells her coworkers that she wishes it would wipe New Jersey out to sea. Nice. I'm sure my friends and family that lost homes, cars, power, and desperately needed income appreciate the sympathies.

This 'extra hometime' (yeah, that's what she called it) was brought up again just this morning when I tried to put a home time request for Thanksgiving and was denied as we'd already been out this month. We returned to the truck on the 2nd, after leaving a hurricane stricken home.

TL;DR If you work for USX, business as usual.

Badmon Thanks this.
  7. Amor0980

Amor0980 Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Mine is not blinking but steady on and have been derated to 5mph.
    I have had this issue before but without the red engine light and it would happen after I come off home time. I spoke to our company mech. and they had no clue which is not a big surprise to me. It later went back to normal and I just assumed it was a little clogged due to sitting 4 or 5 days without being started. I have had no problems with it until now and I am starting to think the sensor was starting to go out and now it's completely shot?? Any thoughts? Thank you

8. MO_Dad

MO_Dad Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2016
    Mods please delete this post, ty!

9. NFS GARY

NFS GARY Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2017
    I have an internatioan automatic regen light flashing and truck wont stay idleing to long engine shuts down ... truck wont manual regen ... what can i do please help

10. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Jam something to hold the pedal down. Let it run at 1500 or higher and see if it does one automatically. After about 10 mins the high exhaust temp light should come on, then let it run like that for another 1/2 hour. If not, you need to see why it is inhibited.

Lostmykey, brysol01 and magoo68 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.