Truck won't perform parked regen, trying to get home

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Derov, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Boneyard6867

Boneyard6867 Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2016
    I have some what a similar situation. I drive a 2014 Pete with a series 60 Detroit. When the engine is cold no problems, jakes work like supposed to. Once its up to temp as soon as i let off throttle Jake automatically switches to stage two and check engine light comes on and stage two is disabled as long as chk light is on. In the diag display for faults i get two: 1.) Aux I/O Circuit 4, and the other, 2.) Total PTO Fuel Message Missing. Has almost 400k miles and never seen the regen light or anything like that. Won't allow me to do a regen either.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ssbradley

Ssbradley Bobtail Member

Nov 14, 2017
  4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. CDL CPL

CDL CPL Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2017
    Iowa

You sound like you know exactly what is going on with our truck. We have been sitting here for almost 24 hours now trying to get the temp high enough to complete the regen. She won't get above 200. I know this is an old post but we're lost on a fix til we get home. Any help on what to do just to make it home?? It's a 2013 cascadia dd15

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If you are trying to get her above 200 on coolant?

Slap a winter front on her and see if that does not make her sweat. Make sure the front is closed completely.

7. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    I had a 2010 Freightliner no def truck dd15 that wouldn't complete a regen. My shop said make sure your oil is full and your coolant is at the max cold line. I would go down the road and when the stop engine light came on, I would press the OVER RIDE button. Did that for 200 miles, no problem.

8. Srt4tezer

Srt4tezer Bobtail Member

Dec 28, 2020
    So I just had that issue were my 2020 freightliner cascadia wanted me to do a parked Regen. And I tried but wouldn't let me. And truck gave 120sec till shutdown. So here is what I did and helped me keep running.

YoungGAtrucker25 Thanks this.
  9. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    Truck would not regen complete cycle. This went on for 3 hours then I abandoned unit. Company picked up tractor with wrecker 36 hours later. DA3E7DA8-7116-4505-9236-BFCC79C5AEF4.jpeg

10. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    Mine has been doing this too for at least a month. One time the dpf bar on the dash got 1/2 full so I did a regen for about 2 hours and the dpf filter bar on the dash just increased so I just started driving then it went completely full untill I started getting the 120 sec countdown. I parked it at Freightliner, they did some stuff, 2 days later I got the truck back and a couple days later the engine is derated with a bunch of faults showing up, back to a different freightliner for 4 days and they supposedly fixed some stuff (basically reinstalled the software) and then a week later I start getting exactly what you did except I took it to my company shop and after a day they decided to send it back to a Freightliner shop so this time I'll be in a hotel for 5 days at least.

Mine is a 21 with about 80000 miles. Garbage turd ### truck!!!

But I get breakdown pay to kick back in a hotel with my wife for days so idgaf.

Wickedchicken Thanks this.
  11. Lostmykey

Lostmykey Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2019
    This worked for me, ‘22 freightliner; was getting manual regen not allowed when trying to initiate parked regen.

My (new to me) 265k mi trk seems to have dpf issue. In the last 2 weeks: I had the solid light come on and drove it off; all the lights came on, wouldn’t let me do a manual regen, and loves did a forced regen; light came on and I did a parked regen. And today light was flashing, couldn’t initiate regen so I drove it off, but was still concerned so I idled it high till soot level went from ok to good according to display. Got the hot exhaust icon about 10min in and when it went away, I stopped.

Not really happy, never had to regen a truck so often before… would be ok if parked regen worked, next hometime will see if I can let shop look at it.

Heavyd Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs