"Trucker Bombs" are becoming a big problem in California (and other states)

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Frank Burns, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Frank Burns

Frank Burns Light Load Member

Jun 2, 2019
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Who does this? Is it so bad that drivers can't find a place to pull over and find a garbage can or toilet to use? I've just started my journey into the trucking world and if this is how it's going to be I may need to re-think this. I'm too young to retire and old to have to live like that.

When the California Highway Patrol in early September posted on Facebook photos of “trucker bombs” and related human waste at Donner Pass, officials could not have predicted that it would have garnered over 3,000 comments and counting.

The Facebook post stated: "We are having a major problem with trucks parking on the freeway and leaving behind absolutely disgusting items of trash." Referring to the accompanying photos, it continued, "Yes, that bottle is full of urine and yes, the bags are full of solid human waste. WE ARE CITING drivers for 21718 VC (non-emergency stop on the freeway) and littering."

More at link

California Facebook post on ‘trucker bombs’ spurs thousands of comments

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. asphaltreptile311

asphaltreptile311 Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2016
  4. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Where? Here? Or over in Beirut?

Its one thing to drain the main vein over by a bush..Than to Drop bags of human waste all over the ground.

I catch someone doing that i'm gonna rub their face in it.... Same with the M-fers that cut holes in the bottoms of their Floors- You know who you are.......And dropping bombs going down the highway.

5. asphaltreptile311

asphaltreptile311 Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2016
    It's a phrase from a tv show with a disabled trucker

6. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
  7. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    What are u gonna do when its -60 windchill outside and a blizzard and the truck stop bathroom is on the other side of the parking lot... All the new guys say they will never do it until they are faced in that situation. The mpty bottle comes in handy just dont throw it on the ground or dump it on the asphault. Theres a reason why the ashphauly next to ur driver door is always sticky. Its a mix of cola, piss, coffee, and lot lizard juice. Thats why ur shoes should never go in ur sleeper. One of my buddies he sleeps with his shoes on and takes all that nasty stuff to his sleeper. Maybe im germaphobe but truck stops gross me out

TankerP, 70’Nova, Dave_in_AZ and 5 others Thank this.
  8. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    I love the full gallon jugs.
    That takes some effort.

Plus.. how do you crap in a bag?
    Do you tape the bag to your tail?
    Or, what makes more sense, have a bucket and line the bucket with the bag?

I won't say I've never had to dash into the woods before.. but I'm a country boy. A fallen log is a prime leverage tool.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Am I the only one who has kept a camping toilet stocked with the necessary human litter to dispose of body waste properly around here? It fits neatly in one corner of the sleeper. If it becomes necessary it's right there, complete with a proper seat and everything.

Numb, Dave_in_AZ, quatto and 1 other person Thank this.
  10. MBAngel

MBAngel Medium Load Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Tucson, Arizona
    No matter the excuse for not getting to a bathroom, there's no excuse for throwing it on the side of the road. There are trash cans and/or dumpsters at every fuel stop. Some customers have big dumpsters they dont mind if you use. Drop yards all have big dumpsters. Rest areas have trash cans. Save it and dispose of it properly, like human beings.

Opus, laaylor, Dave_in_AZ and 9 others Thank this.
  11. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I've stayed off this subject until now .
    Unless you are a cheap lazy flocka ya get a 2.5 gal jug and treat it with campa chem and dispose of it properly.
    Keep it clean and no smell or mess .
    Not rocket science.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.