Trucker crushed to death by rolling bale of scrap metal at Stratford

Discussion in 'European/Other Countries Truckers Forum' started by Baack, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/ne...-site-owned-by-stratford-firm-92746-26253688/

Mrs T and Crazycdb Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SLCTrucker

SLCTrucker Medium Load Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Salt Lake City UT
    I remember hualing stuff like this years ago, it seems like it fell out of his trailer.

We used to always wrap a chain around doors when opening for safety as I have seen many a load fall out just like this.

4. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY
    Was he really this situational unaware of whats going on around him?????????????????

That bale did not tip toe thru the tulips like a cat on the hunt.

5. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    You never know about some of those bales. They're sneaky. They like to sneak up on people and then eat them.

Anyhow, he probably just went oh sheet and froze. it happens. I feel for the guy. I've hauled a lot of stuff that could do things like that. I remember one time i had a towne air freight load, which are of course floor loads stacked all the way up to the ceiling. two HUGE boxes fell out. Now, this stuff isnt rolling 20 feet before it falls on me, but still. It could have been a TV. In this case it was just clothes, and the best part was i could not get one of the boxes back in the trailer, so i had to hand it over to the customer haha.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.