Trucker Facing Charges For Driving Into Protesters

Discussion in 'Other News' started by mjd4277, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Trucker Paul

Trucker Paul Medium Load Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Westland,Mi
    I think fact is people shouldn't be protesting on any road or interstate. Traffic shouldn't be impeded cause people think they can protest anywhere they want.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    A tanker with a coffin sleeper, if not a daycab? Yeah that thing will turn on a dime.

daf105paccar and ZVar Thank this.
  4. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    The point of a protest is to get attention. I'd say they're getting lots of attention.

gentleroger and daf105paccar Thank this.
  5. Trucker Paul

Aug 15, 2012
    Westland,Mi
    That's the wrong way about getting attention just as is kneeling for the anthem. Any interstate should never be blocked because people are protesting.

6. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Wow! I see no barricades. No signs. No dot trucks or cops for traffic control. No flashing lights. Guess no one showed up for work that day. All I see is an open highway that gets takin over by a bunch of kids that want to play in the street.
    What’s with the 18 that is sitting in the middle of it at the 10.50 mark that finally pulls away? Protester supplies delivery from walmart? Beating victim?

7. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    I have a question about the should have made a u-turn thing. Hopothetical maybe.
    Something that can be encountered anyday and sometimes in some big cities everyday. The highway is blocked due to accident that just happened seconds ago. No first reponders yet. This is an accident were you will sit with brakes set for hours. Do you just whip a u and go up the entrance ramp against the flow of traffic like all the 4 wheelers do?( happens in austin) if your answer is yes. Than what?
    What if there is grass median between highway and service road? Lock the power divider and throw it in gear and go across behind all the prius’s and bmw’s that can’t wait?

That’s not even a life threatening situation, just a gotta go no patience thing we see everyday.
    Add a mob of “protesters” that is not normally seen on a highway converging toward you along with everyone’s impatiance, ignorance, and panic What would you do?

1000 4 wheelers will turn around or cross the median and will be home or at the office while you are still explaining to the dozen cops that showed up to your truck to school you on what you should have done. Because they can maneuver and blend in with the crowd and a truck can’t.

Obviously the situation in mineapolis was failure on the part of the government hands down. The “protesters” shut the highway down themselves with no help from the ones that actually maintain and patrol the highways. Should be a wash and a learning experience to not give “permits” to turn highways into a pedistrian path if you have no manpower or brainpower to do it safely.

8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    5 lanes is 60' plus shoulders (if any). If he can't turn around with that much room he can backup until he gets to a U turn.

And yes, I do drive a truck. Do you to not know how much room 5 lanes of interstate is?

9. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Hypothetical's are just that. Hypothetical. In broad daylight, every other vehicle managing to get off the expressway, the crowd is not coming to you, and plenty of sight lines to stop well before the crowd, etc.... This driver didn't even try to stop and assess the situation. He simply plowed into the protesters because of reasons.

If he had stopped and the crowd came to him, that's a horse of a different color, but it didn't. If he turned a corner and found himself in the middle of a crowd, and several other scenarios where driving through the protesters is the lesser of bad choices. He had good choices though. Heck, even the video of the cattle hauler pushing protesters out of the way turning into a slaughter house is fine. The difference is, there is no other way to get around the protesters. The driver here didn't even try....

daf105paccar Thanks this.
  10. LameMule

LameMule Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2020
    Montana
    Leave it in high gear, lay on the horn and let the lemmings decide their own fate!

11. Trucker Paul

Aug 15, 2012
    Westland,Mi
    I dont understand why people are supporting the protesters blocking the interstate but a truck driver is blamed

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.