Trucker fatally beats alleged burglar

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by rookietrucker, Jun 26, 2012.

1. lonewolf4ad

lonewolf4ad Road Train Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
    More than likely you will get paid paid by household movers miles. essentially this is shortest zipcode to zipcode routing (and they don't take truck routing into consideration if required). If you're lucky you will get paid practical miles which is a little closer to the miles you actually run.

Jons Niners and CondoCruiser Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Most are getting paid by practical miles or household good miles.

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...vice/14433-practical-vs-household-movers.html

Then there are a few companies that will pay percentage which can mean a few things that you have to be careful. A good company will pay at least 24% up to 30% of gross, what the load pays. A few cheesy places will deduct fuel and some other expenses like tolls before they figure you cut. With the right company that hauls high dollar runs you can do better this way.

But any place you work you want benefits to add to your pay package. There are some out there that will cut corners there. Benefits equal money!

The only thing aeronautical is FMCSA rules is on local drivers must operate within 100 air miles of their terminal. Farmers and a few other exempt people are restricted to 150 air miles before they must follow the rules.

4. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    the trouble with thinning the herd of stupid people is who gets to decide
    There are 2 supposedly adults on here i would thin but then then again
    if they were men enough they would thin me.
    Hitler did a lot of thinning if history is correct

5. LGarrison

LGarrison Road Train Member

May 19, 2011
    Sandpoint Idaho

Why did you place this question in this thread?

6. Eaton18

Eaton18 Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Waverly, KS
    I'd say the thief got what was coming to him.

Now with that said, here's the scary part for the driver. When this is reviewed, they will look at when the thief was no longer the aggressor, and the driver became the aggressor. A few years back, an Emporia resident found this out. He was attacked in his house by a younger man. Well the resident being quite a bit older, knew he could not survive the beating being put on him by this younger thug. So he done what he had to, he shot the S.O.B. It took a full jury trial to acquit him. The cops and especially the County Attorney just could not see it was self-defense. They said that the resident became the aggressor once he grabbed his gun, the thug was then the poor victim. What a load of B.S. The resident, was and is a well respected man of the community, but still they tried to throw him under the bus.

I hope that this driver does not have to go through the B.S. to be cleared. It can and does take a toll on you in more ways than you can imagine.

7. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    The old saying "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you" comes to mind...seems to me the old man did everything right, and even though I'm not all that old, I'd rather not get into a physical altercation with an aggressive intruder into my home....far easier (and less risky to my personal safety if they have a knife/blunt object I was not aware of) if I just shoot them. When it all comes down to it, my ability to walk away from the encounter without injury takes precedence over the life of the criminal thug who made the choice to invade my home...and if on a jury, I could never in good conscience vote to convict another person for doing the same.

8. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    You are too nice. I prefer to send thieves to a group home where they have to wear a helmet and carry a drool cup the rest of their lives. You have to know exactly how long to hold the rear naked for to do that though.

:biggrin_25519:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.