Trucker hauling a load of HEMP charged with DRUG TRAFFICKING

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by ichudov, May 17, 2019.

1. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Check out the movie titled "Who Killed the Electric Car?"

Just look back about 25 years ago they had the Geo Metro which got over 60 miles per gallon, and it got killed off in favor of various muscle cars and large SUV and pickup trucks coming into the market. Priceline dot com used to allow users to load up fuel for a pre-negotiated cheap price bid but it was cancelled after only a few months. I still have my pristine Priceline gas card stored away as a collector card.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    40% Americans are obese. Who gonna buy Geo Metro if they can't fit in.

not4hire and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    I have watched that movie. It's pure conspiracy theory.
    The Geo Metro got killed off when GM went bankrupt. The high MPG models simply didn't sell as they had no power. One thing is common in this world. Any big company will do whatever they can to make money. They simply do not hide or kill off or whatever the golden goose.

Yes there have been questionable decisions. Not saying every move is a good one, but to say it's done for some evil ulterior motive is simplistic at best.

5. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Have you ever driven a Geo Metro?

The insurance company rented me one as a loaner after an accident. Unless the price of gas went to $10 per gallon, I'll never drive another. And it didn't get 60 MPG, either. About 35 by today's EPA testing method.

Gas is dirt cheap by historical standards. People enjoy driving cars with lots of power and space. There's no market for Geo Metros.

frito bandito Thanks this.
  6. Snow Monster

Snow Monster Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2019
    I can almost guarantee that the state of Idaho has paid for hemp rope and it's highly likely that you can find it hanging over and behind the backdrops and rafters of nearly any concert hall or civic auditorium in the state, which would make the state a bunch hypocrites.
    I'm told hemp is the preferred rope for stage and theatre for flying backdrops, props, etc.
    Any IATSI people from Idaho who can confirm?

This is what a field of hemp looks like.

Attached Files:

7. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    The way I understand it from talking to somebody that grows it, by just looking at a plant you cannot tell the difference in hemp and marijuana. The state comes by and takes crop samples, takes them to a lab, and test for THC. If you are over a certain percent TCH, you have to destroy the whole crop. Growing it, you have really careful nobody is growing illegal marijuana nearby, as it can cross pollinate the hemp crop and turn the hemp into a low grade marijuana.

Because of all the testing to people growing hemp, there is little chance somebody could have marijuana hidden inside their crop, but I see a pretty big chance of people hiding marijuana inside shipments of hemp. Only way to tell would be to send a sample off to the lab, and most cops wouldn’t go to that trouble during a normal traffic stop.

8. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    How do they test it in lab? Smoke test joint?

9. JohnGER

JohnGER Light Load Member

May 5, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Its all BS. Its just a way to show the clueless "old" voters that they are tough on drugs because most of those older folks were exposed to all the "HEMP = DRUGS" propaganda the government put on back in the day. You can't get high smoking ropes.

They are literally trying to earn political capital at the expense of these driver's very lives

10. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    I hope that when this all pans out Idaho looses big time... They all ready look a fool in the situation. And I hope they get thier ### handed to them in court.

And I live in Idaho!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.