Trucker Law and then Company Law about guns

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by C.S.T, Dec 27, 2017.

1. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Did not know that. Thanks for the info. When I was otr I never carried cause I was never sure about the law.

I had an aluminum baseball bat with me. If DOT officer had asked me why. Woulda told him wife (she rode with me) and I loved to play softball in our spare time for excersise. Kept 2 gloves and a ball too.

Funny thing is wife and I didnt play softball. Kept the gloves and ball as an excuse to have the bat. Lol.

NavigatorWife, C.S.T and lilillill Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hateful

Hateful Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2017
    Ohio
    Thought you had to go by the ccw laws in order to carry and that they are only good for the state in which you bought it in?

4. C.S.T

C.S.T Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2017
    Paintball gun is considered as a toy. It won't kill nobody. It will make the other person run and take cover.

Bakerman Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You will need a concealed carry license for your state and all others including certain states that does not honor your states license but issue non resident license to carry.

Before you buy any gun, go to a good gun range, rent every gun in that case should be about 20 different ones. Shoot em all even if they make you buy ammo. (Plan on a few hundred dollars education)

Shoot at fresh paper targets with each gun. You will know instantly when you are firing the correct gun for yourself. The rounds will be center mass (Heart) and you will be putting them where you want them to go.

IF you are a female, you will NOT accept or allow anyone to issue you a gun or tell you this gun or that gun or something else. You will decide what gun you use.

Employers are protected by law in many areas against employees keeping guns. You can absolutely be prosecuted. Which might mean the loss of all that you worked for to date.

Some states no gun period. In fact if you were caught with a gun in a semi or on you etc and have no license for it by that state you are arrested.

There are mountains of threads on TTR regarding trucking and carry. This is something to be considered very carefully.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If you drew on me with a paint ball gun.. and it's accurate enough to be taken as a valid weapon, guess what... Im drawing. It's not good. Not good at all. Follow me so far?

jammer910Z Thanks this.
  7. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    I was thinking the same thing.

They will do some damage at close range, i’ve been on the receiving end before.

8. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    You hit someone in the face with one of those and they’re not going to be pulling anything!

9. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    I had a Crossman CO2 gun just like that, still have it but the seals are shot so it won't hold a CO2 cartridge anymore just leaks right out. Dang good BB gun, pretty accurate as well.

10. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    A gun in new jersey will get you in big time trouble especially if you have hollow point bullets!I know cause I live in eastern,pa.Ny,md,nj,Del is a no go legally.

x1Heavy and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  11. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    nope certain states recognize other states ccw.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.