Trucker Law and then Company Law about guns

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by C.S.T, Dec 27, 2017.

1. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    My high school had archery and rifle marksmanship classes as part of phys. ed. We had a range behind the school alongside the Delaware River, and were allowed to bring our own rifles and bows or use the school provided ones. We still close for the first day of rifle deer season but sadly students can't have their hunting weapons in the parking lot anymore.

I even used to walk the halls of middle school and high school with a 8 inch Buck Knife on my belt, we would talk hunting and fishing in my 7th grade social studies class, the teacher even helped us maintain our gear.

x1Heavy and Streetroddreams Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Streetroddreams

Streetroddreams Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2017
    North Central Missouri
    It seems as if some of the truckers out there have been using the lil known martial art of noshowerforyou which mostly targets the nose and eye region

All4Safety Thanks this.
  4. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Last i heard it was illegal to carry a gun in a truck, if I'm wrong I'd like to know

C.S.T Thanks this.
  5. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Face it either way you'll be out of a job. If you follow "Company policy" and are defenseless and deleted you can't show back up to work cuz you'll be dead. But hey at least you followed company policy.

Conversely if you have to use it even if justifiable conditions you'll be fired, but at least you'll still be alive

6. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    You're wrong

7. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    LMFAO. These people have "pulled" or "brandished" a pistol many times.
    ROFLMFAO!!
    That's called assault with a deadly weapon.
    Love to have been a fly on the wall to see the situation.
    How do you protect yourself? Exactly where do you hang out at?
    You must be incredibly small in stature, I mean incredibly small, to feel so threatened.
    I think if I felt so threatened that I needed to carry a piece, like these clowns do in a WalMart or a laundry mat, I'd just shoot myself as being too afraid to go on through this life.

I can't wait to hear about someone's manslaughter or murder trial for the truck stop shooting.

Seek, and ye will find. And if it is trouble that ye seek, ye will find it.

When I see somebody with a sidearm in a public place, 99% of the time I position myself behind them, and see how easy it would be to have their weapon.

And 99% of the time, it would be child's play.

C.S.T Thanks this.
  8. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Good I like being wrong in this instance

9. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    While I agree that one who often goes seeking trouble, it's usually trouble that finds them.

Doesn't matter how big or small in stature anyone is, 230g of hot lead travelling at 890 fps doesn't care the color of your skin, your race, gender, sexuality, or any other circumstances.

While I don't think open carry of firearms in todays society is smart, it's that person right.

C.S.T Thanks this.
  10. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    When I drove a cab, I carried a piece. Not on me, in the pouch in front of the driver's seat.
    It still does very minimal good. Once somebody sitting behind me has a muzzle up against my ear, that's pretty much the game.
    What does do a tremendous amount of good is learning how to sum people up, and not going through life with your head up your ###.

mtoo and x1Heavy Thank this.
  11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    In Krav training bay to disarm people with handguns pointed at you within arms reach, you have to watch very carefully for that one moment that bad guy takes his concentration off you. It don't take much to get a semi auto out of that person's hand if you have a couple of heartbeats of distraction from the bad guy. A semi is actually a preferred disarming rather than a revolver because you can push back on the slide and it will activate the disconnect (Especially on colts) and refuse to fire.

Now if you screwed up and took too long getting that gun out, you are now in a fight for that gun and it will probably go off at least once.

Generally if your situational awareness (Generally speaking, not necessarily you or anyone here..) is so bad that a bad guy gets a weapon into your ear and starts telling you what to do, you are already lost.

Another example is if I see someone showing predatory behavior walking along the street, I'll cross over. If that person's second step follows mine to make a intercept, that tells me we are in a fight now it's a matter of what will happen in the next few moments as the bad guy comes in that will decide what is what. Once or twice I present prepared to draw to em and they take off. The problem with that is they could and usually call the cops first (Anyone calling 911 to report a gunman even a bad guy... first is usually treated as a victim.) so you generally have to have 911 on before the bad guy gets a chance to do so. It's wonderful nothing happens and even better if you have it on body cam.

Times have changed and not for the better.

To the OP, most any company bans weapons. I rather carry anyway under licensed concealed and train as much as I can because I am not the man I was at 30 able to take on a army without a gun. Calumet against two predators was my last go around around that age. Im glad it worked out the way it did. I wont be back. When you get to a certain age health issues will cause problems if the body tries to kick in the fight or flight responses inside of you.

The good news is Arkansas continues to train and arm our staff in the schools and across the board all Concealed Carry instructors are now certified against active shooters to maintain their ability to train any Concealed carry at all. (That is a problem for some in really rural areas...) and I think the 180000 of us is taking on enhanced shooter courses prescribed by the state police so that we can carry into more places such as colleges and the state capital etc. (Not that you really want to do so. Just because you can does not mean you should... follow me?) My own training is coming up soon. It's going to be fun. Im already trained by the IDF but under our laws passed last year, the ASP is the only provider of that type of training recognized for that type of status in the CHL.

If you follow USCCA, United States Concealed Carry, you will discover a array of mind filling resources based on each, every state you are in what you can do, what you cannot do what has been done and what is pending related to carry. You might want to purchase the insurance with them as well. So if you have a bad day (Even a knife, fists or car etc used as a weapon as of Nov Last year) you can make bond, be paid for your court time and other benefits. The level of knowledge presented by them is evolving constantly. None of that gungho bs.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.