Trucker says he was ‘assaulted’ by security while picking up load

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by Tb0n3, Dec 13, 2018.

1. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Even so what was their legal right to detain hin if he wanted to leave? He didn't want his truck searched . The best route of action for these guards was to allow the driver to leave the property. It might be a bit of a different scenario if he had alreafy been loaded and they had reason to believe he had stolen something.

Even if they believed he was there to pick up a load and was unauthorized to pick it up they had no reason to detain him. He had not yet picked up any property.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. smokey12

May 30, 2012
    Is there anything in the story that says the driver said he was going for a weapon? I don't think so. The guards should have let him go on his way and notified his company that he refused the load, end of story. Did the driver handle.it the way I would have? No. I would have just called my company and said I am not taking this load and left.

These guards over stepped their boundaries and should have just let him go. By the way what is that MS.9937 bullcrap law you cited?

4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    I love how ever one is saying they detained him.
    Did no one actually watch the first 5 minutes of the video?
    Now we don't have audio, but we see him taking to a guard and start to walk away.
    Literally 5 seconds later he assaults the guard, If he was really detain, which I'm not seeing, how in the heck was he even going to move the truck?
    And even if the guard had said "you can’t leave yet", again it was less then 5 second before that was said and the assault.
    For all we know the guard was about to say "You can't leave yet, your hood is still up." Yes, that's is extremely unlikely. My point is though the driver assaulted the guard way too fast for anything like detaining to happen.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    gentleroger Thanks this.
  5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    And the guard knew that how? If you were a cop, you would have let someone that refused to follow simple directions like pull your hands out of your pockets get in their vehicle that was in no way legal to drive. The freaking hood was still up!

No, by your comments here, I'm having serious trouble believing you were an LEO.
    Let's see, not knowing where a property line is.
    Not knowing what assault is.
    Allowing someone that is argumentative get in their vehicle during a search...

gentleroger Thanks this.
  6. smokey12

May 30, 2012
    You really do not understand do you? What right did the gurard have to tell him he could not leave? Simply because he did not want his truck searched? He did not steal anything. He had not yet obtained anything.

7. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    Doealex and gentleroger Thank this.
  8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Let's see. He legally could not move the truck. The hood was up of all things.
    That's the easy one.

The guard could have simply started to ask for a paperwork release, but the driver assaulted him before he could. Remember, less then 5 seconds. The guard did not have time to clarify.
    Plus that's a quote from the driver the next day. I have trouble believing that's exactly what the guard said. But even if he did, again, less than 5 seconds.

9. smokey12

May 30, 2012
    Say all you want you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. I did the job for 26 years retired as Lieutenenat with 21 plus of that in patrol. One pioint you may be correct on is if the driver stated he was going for a weapon. If that is the case you do have a legal right to protect yourself and others but I don't see that was said anywhere in the story. There being no audio does make it a
    little more difficult.
    Who said he was going to drive away with the hood up?? Really ..This is no different than a loss prevention officer stopping.you in wal mart.and telling you that you can't leave when you never illegally obtained anything. I dealt with these scenarios on numerous occasions..this one don't fly from what I see.

10. smokey12

May 30, 2012
    Good Lord I know what this is about. Like I said before on my posts where did these guards have a legal right to arrest this driver?? Because.he pushed him so he could.go back to his truck because they had no legal right to do so?? Because he did not want them to search his truck?? Tell me what were they going to arrest him for?? Assault??

11. LoSt_AgAiN

LoSt_AgAiN Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2018
    Looks like the guard got in his face and pushed against him to block him first.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.