Trucker School, Great Experience, Passed!

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Gobi, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Gobi

Gobi Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Oh man that DPS test was nerve wracking but I ended up getting a 98 on the driving, 100 on parallel, and 100 on backing. I couldn't believe I didn't let me nerves get to me, I normally do.

Overall the experience was great. Met some awesome people I'm going to deffinately keep in touch with, the instructors were easy to understand and took the time to iron out all the kinks, and the classroom portion was also a good experience. I hope everyone has similar experiences. Keep on trucking!

Btw I went to the C1 school in Ft Worth Texas.

I should be starting my over the road training with a PAM trainer in the next week. Can't wait to get started.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Streak

Streak Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Westminster, CO
    Way to go Gobi, Good Luck and keep it safe!

4. Gobi

Gobi Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Hey thanks a lot. I'll deffinately keep it safe. Everyone that knows me and knows that I'm heading out to be a trucker keep telling me the same thing. I have the perfect disposition to be a trucker heh. I'm always aware of everything going on around me (0 accidents in 11 years of driving) and I never get road rage. Life's too short to get my blood pressure soaring every time theres an idiot on the road.

5. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ

If the tester was on her cell the whole time. I would have been more at ease. After all she is yacking on the phone and not paying much attention to you!:biggrin_25523:

6. heyns57

heyns57 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2006
    near Kalamazoo Speedway
    Congratulations, Gobi. I have similar good memories from drivers' school 43 years ago. I remember the demonstration ride where one of the road instructors showed us that the truck can be shifted without the clutch. He was born to drive trucks. I also remember the classroom instructor telling us that he would be riding on our shoulder throughout our career, motivating us to be safe drivers. Well, I may have disappointed him a few times, but he is still "watching" me.

7. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ

After all those years did you pick up floating or do you still double clutch?

8. heyns57

heyns57 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2006
    near Kalamazoo Speedway
    We were prohibited from floating in drivers' school. I was finally encouraged to try it by my first lead driver at Tri-State Motor Transit. At that time, I had been over-the-road solo for 18 months following 3 years in the Army after drivers' school. Today, I do whatever the truck seems to need. My opinion is that floating is slower than clutching, and I am impatient. My pet peeve is any driver who thinks he is floating, but the front of the tractor jumps whenever he catches a gear. Shift any way you like, but do it smoothly. Also, trucks are tough and take lots of abuse; but a big mistake will "blow" the clutch. You are safer when clutching, and the components will not wear out when used properly.

9. dstockwell

dstockwell Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2006
    Georgia
    Congratulations, Gobi. :thumbup:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.