Trucker stabs police officer

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by JonJon78, Jun 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    He probably went down Fairview Ave... That is a no through truck route... All he had to do was go to N Broadway and he would have avoided this whole business...

This goes to show the caliber of people they are putting in trucks now days. Not only is he not smart enough to obey road signs... He was stupid enough to attack an officer.

Glad the officer is doing Well.

7-UP, tscottme, InTooDeep and 6 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I can understand fearing for your life as in the case of the video in this thread, where you need to shoot until he stops stabbing you. That’s reasonable to me. However, I’ve seen some videos where a civilian has some object on his hand that isn’t a knife or a gun, and then gets shots repeatedly because he gets closer to the officer who’s telling him to stand down. I think police officers need to be equipped with some other weapons that don’t result in the immediate death of the civilian. We can’t have officers handing out death sentences to civilians all the time. The gun should only be used for serious cases like in the video.

mhyn Thanks this.
  4. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Oh Lordt not this discussion again. Another shooda cooda wooda. Bad guy stabs officer with screwdriver, officer defends himself and kills bad guy, end of story.

7-UP, tscottme, REO6205 and 12 others Thank this.
  5. Intothesunset

Intothesunset Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    In the pic on maps there is what looks like a red Volvo just near the shipper tmk. And across the street is the fire station.

6. A Bug

A Bug Heavy Load Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Sevierville TN
    If you hate cops so passionately for keeping you in line then you would have Really Hated me back when I did a couple months as an Iraqi terrorist detainee guard in Al Qaim

7-UP, tscottme, InTooDeep and 5 others Thank this.
  7. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    441B2156-825C-4090-8B67-83B7C0314C2F.gif

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  8. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    In a situation like that, it’s always a good idea to call the shipper/receiver and ask someone knowledgeable the best directions to the location for someone driving a semi-truck.

Muddydog79 Thanks this.
  9. iceman32

iceman32 Medium Load Member

Sep 26, 2014
    Who wears a wife beater/tank top to work? I’ve noticed throughout my life that people tend to get pulled over if you wear the profile. 4wheelers and truckers alike.

I wear a suit and tie so that I don’t get pulled over. No joke.

tscottme Thanks this.
  10. 88228822

88228822 Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2018
    I am amazed at how many people don't understand that our society has granted police officers the power to detain, investigate, cite, arrest, etc. "Tell it to the Judge."

tscottme and PoleCrusher Thank this.
  11. 88228822

88228822 Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Humans are emotional creatures. I findit interesting that people are trying to find reasons for his actions that make logical sense.

He had a reason in that moment that made sense to him, and to expect that his reason will also make sense to us is illogical. If we could know his reason AND it made sense to us, that would be a coincidence imo.

tscottme and mhyn Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.