Truckers Have you had enough!!! STRIKE 2013

Discussion in 'Truckers Strike Forum' started by arni, Sep 22, 2012.

1. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Where do people get that if truckers strike it is illegal?

volvodriver01 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    It isn't technically illegal. Not yet, anyways. I believe this is only because there hasn't been a successful strike for so long. Let's face it, if drivers were to strike today, it would take a matter of hours before the government and law enforcement stepped in and broke the strike (and possibly a few heads). Trucking is far to important to the nation's economy and the population's comfort to allow a strike.

4. aiwiron

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    I disagree,

The government has no chance of stepping in, a peaceful protest is one thing.

5. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    This would not be viewed by the general public as a peaceful protest. We, as truckers, provide the fuel for their cars, the food on their grocery store shelves, and the raw materials for their manufacturies. If we were as a group to strike, it would take a matter of days (or hours in some areas) for the general public to feel the pinch. Remember, most gas stations do not carry enough fuel on hand to operate for more than a day or so, grocery stores in most areas get daily deliveries for supplies (and more than 1 daily in larger population areas). The outcry would be huge, and it wouldn't take long before someone threw the "domestic terrorism" card at the truckers who were striking. Americans don't act, we overreact to any situation that interferes with our comfort level.

6. aiwiron

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Well slowing down would never work, actually FEMA states that in 96 hours if all supplies were not transported the nation would come to a standstill. The .gov cannot even function without contract trucks, I used to do weekend tanker hauling around Washington, D.C. to agencies. Most have old tanks and can only go for a few days without refueling.

Even congress has to have trucks deliver supplies to the Rayburn building daily.

If you want to make a difference and really go on strike then it has to be all for one or none at all.

Will never happen in reality.

7. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Nope. As long as two drivers can't agree on the color of the sky (its azure, dagnabit!), the possibility of a strike is a pipedream, nothing more.

aiwiron Thanks this.
  8. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere

Who are callin' azure?? I've been called azure by better people than you, I'll have you know!

brsims Thanks this.
  9. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    I'm sorry, would you prefer "sapphire" ya ol' bugger?

10. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Hey....the color at my last wedding was periwinkle. How much worse can it get?!?!?

11. aiwiron

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    azure

Had to Google that one!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.