Trucker's opinions on hitchhikers, or people needing rides.

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by lerkst, Apr 27, 2008.

1. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    Agreed.
    Some, --- but not All of the older threads are so out of date that they're no longer relevant to the current times. :biggrin_25512:

Just one of many reasons why The Truckers' Report is the best Big truck truckin' related website on the internet,--- settin' the standard for excellence that others attempt to duplicate, --- without much, if any, success.
    If it ain't broke, why try to fix it?

ThanX TTR Owners and Staff.
    :salute:
    Y'all rock! :thumbright::thumbleft:

Responding to a recycled older thread doesn't mean a poster is tryin' to get into a conversation with the first responding posters from years ago. It could be the recycler is interested in comparing the thoughts of yester-years with the present viewpoint, or to have others expound on what they think, or don't think, as the case may be. The archives provide another avenue to a desired destination, makin' 'em another useful and valuable tool at our disposal to utilize as a means to arrive at an end.

Bringin' this thread back to life has managed to create a stimulatin' conversation, --- albeit a tad off subject from the original topic. Sure can't say we didn't learn anythang from where this thread took us.

Anyone here ever listen to Oldies Radio Stations?
    :smt035 :smt034 :smt020
    Why not lock up any music over a certain age?

HaiL!
    Some songs are so old that none of the original listeners are even still alive.
    :hippy2::smt112 :smt003

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. oneshyne

oneshyne Light Load Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Northern NJ
    aftershock exactly my point without me explaining myself to you again. just like you said I wasn't planning for the OP or a few others from the previous years responded. but I did expect to get a lecture on reviving this thread. just like you said if other members had somewhat of the same idea to continue the post where I left off & decided to say something itll be in reference to the same topic. and your right about the old music still play & a large amount of those people are not here from those times but they still play them. medic i can dig what you saying but at the sametime you gotta understand I don't see no point in creating a new topic thread when a thread like this can continue. im not expecting yo catch all or half the people attention that replied to this but I will catch the attention of others that have the same idea & they themselves may want to post it here instead of creating a new thread which would've been 2 useless threads being into this 1 thread that's being revived

Stile, Chinatown and AfterShock Thank this.
  4. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    There's sumthin' I haven't said that I think needs sayin', .............
    ThanX Oneshyne, --- for instigatin' this stimulatin'
    conversation. :salute:
    Y'all made my day today, yesterday and tomorrow. :smt004 :happy8:

oneshyne Thanks this.
  5. oneshyne

Jun 22, 2012
    Northern NJ
    & thank you completely for 100% standing without me happen to explain at all.

AfterShock Thanks this.
  6. GSP ATH

GSP ATH Bobtail Member

May 23, 2014
    Highways of GA
    I'll stop and tell you your 2 options; go to jail or walk away, this is one of the few things I give options to.

7. kickinasphalt

kickinasphalt Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2013
    most cops are ##### holes

8. oneshyne

Jun 22, 2012
    Northern NJ
    Lol asphalt & GSP we was in Nevada & seen a hitchhiker near the entrance ramp he was waiting on by.

9. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Hitchhikers are usually to dirty looking or creepy clean. No thanks.

10. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    I only give rides to hot chicks in daisy dukes.

skellr Thanks this.
  11. waynedorsey6728

waynedorsey6728 Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Leesburg, Florida
    As a driver of 22 years, I have picked up many hitchhikers along the way, is it frowned upon? No. But if you have a dog or another animal with you, you probably will not get a ride, if you have 2 or more people with you, you probably will not get a ride, if you look like hell and smell worse, you probably will not get a ride. But it is not frowned upon.

AfterShock Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.