Truckers owed hundreds of thousands after glass fabricator, affiliates file bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by truckwriter1, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    gotta join to read the story....

CowboyTim Thanks this.
  3. olddog_newtricks

olddog_newtricks Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2018
    It took me straight to the article and was able to read it.

4. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Why would a company let someone get $750k behind on their bills ?

I’d have stopped doing business with them way before it got that large .

5. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    this is what i get...i refuse to join, to read ANY article that makes a person join......then get spammed.

We are glad you’re enjoying the content
    Sign up for a free FreightWaves account today for unlimited access to all of our latest content

Username
    Password
    Remember me
    OR
    Sign in with MicrosoftSign in with GoogleSign in with AppleSign in with LinkedInSign in with Facebook
    Need help signing in?

Don't have an account?Click here to sign up with an email address.
    By signing in for the first time, I give consent for FreightWaves to send me event updates and news. I can unsubscribe from these emails at any time. For more information please see our Privacy Policy.

CowboyTim Thanks this.
  6. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Heavy Load Member

Sep 16, 2016
    Depends on the contract, how many trucks and how its worded. For example if they pay once a month every quarter or annually for a dedicated load. 750k sounds like a lot but you can easily reach that amount after just 200 or 300 loads depending on pay.

Not unheard of for a carrier to sign a dedicated contract for end of X billing if they have worked together for a long time.

Also posible and more likely is there are dozens of drivers they just never paid after a month of operation. Hard to tell when the article requires you to join to read.

gentleroger Thanks this.
  7. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    It looks like a leasing company.

The account I'm running has 20 tractors, 2 yard dogs, and 100 trailers. Figure $1,000 a week for the tractors and $500 for the trailers and you're looking at $72,000 in equipment costs a week, or $288,000 a month.

First month, the checks a little light. Second month the check never comes. Third month they shut down. I can easily see the actual costs hitting 7 figures just in missed payments and recovery costs. In this case I would guess the leasing company is also trying to get paid for the glass company breaking the lease.

The other way to look at it is our 20 trucks run on average 400 miles a day. At $2/mile, that's $16,000 a day. It only takes 45 days to rack up a bill of $750,000.

Considering they have plants in at least 2 states, with at least 200 employees at the New Jersey plant, having accounts payable at that level is pretty normal.

8. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    For the first article you read, it will do that. After the first it pops up the login screen.

If you open the link in an incognito tab, you can avoid the "pay with your data " wall.

olddog_newtricks Thanks this.
  9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Those guys were in trouble two years ago.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted