Truckers Report participation great for keeping oilfield scammers away...

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Rockdoctor, May 12, 2019.

1. Rockdoctor

Rockdoctor Medium Load Member

Long story short a few months back I contacted a company that had an ad up on Craigslist to get more details. Toward the end of the conversation the guy conducting the interview said, "your story sounds familiar, do you post over at the Truckers Report"? I said why yes I do. Well, after that never could get the guy to follow through with what he said he would do. Later I heard they lied about the rates and all the O/O who went over to them left in a hurry! Guess he was afraid I would out his scam on this site long before he had made his profits and screwed his O/Os.

Some like to hold their cards close to their chest and that is fine. So far being open has introduced me to more drivers and information I would have been lacking had I just stayed wrapped up in a ball in some corner. So I do appreciate the Truckers Report and all of you who participate with good info, even the ones who like to shoot me down from time to time, LOL!

Mike2633, spindrift, tscottme and 22 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I find Truckers Report to be a dynamic and living documentation of our Trucking Industry good or bad.

Others may disagree, but Ive been more than happy to have been part of this. If this was available back when I was 20 it would have saved so much trouble. But we did not have anything in those days besides a basic rotary phone some of you have never seen one.

d o g, Bean Jr., Rockdoctor and 6 others Thank this.
  4. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    This site really exposes the bad companies everywhere, not just the oilfield.. It has saved me so many times and I am sure it has saved many others.

d o g, Rockdoctor and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  5. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    As a general rule, anybody who advertises on Craigslist is a scam artist.
    If it was a great job to begin with all their drivers would be bragging about how great it was and you'd hear it Through the Grapevine.

Rockdoctor and Snailexpress Thank this.
  6. Ragman54

Ragman54 Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2016
    S.E. Michigan
    [​IMG]

npok, Bean Jr., x1Heavy and 1 other person Thank this.
  7. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Back in the days before I got my first cell phone I used to keep one of these in my trunk. I generally didn't have to walk too far before locating some bare wires with a dial tone I could clip onto.
    [​IMG]

Chinatown, Ragman54 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.