Truckers Report tips that have helped me in my trucking career.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by tarmadilo, Sep 26, 2021.

1. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Yep, and when I did that, it didn’t remove much in the way of bug guts.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    skellr Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    Not to do a flease-purchase.
    IDK, it's late, I'm tired. Had 9 minutes left on my clock when I stopped tonight. Just winding down before I go to bed. I'm sure I can come up with many specifics.
    Regardless, outside of specific tips and tricks, I've gotten moral support, encouragement and acceptance. Those alone have been priceless and as I've said elsewhere, I simply don't think I would have made it without the help I got here. So, the fact that I've hung around is all you guys (and gals) fault!

86scotty, tscottme, Dino soar and 2 others Thank this.
  4. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    If the Lot Lizard has a 5 o'clock shadow, Just say NO.

5. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    I dunno. @D.Tibbitt was checking out one like that. LOL

6. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    For me, the list is huge.

I really learned the owner operator business end of things by researching on the site. And plenty of individual people answered my questions that I had that have helped me along the way.

Even the repairs I did to my truck I had an incredible amount of help from people on this site. I had to make a custom air conditioning system on my truck and I had help right down to part numbers and pulley sizes and everything else.

I have received help when I was stuck with a load and having problems with the broker and I received help on what to look for when you purchase a trailer.

Pretty much all things I've needed help with for my business I've been able to get from this site and it is greatly appreciated.

And here's one of the best tips that I've gotten. When you go to slide your tandems don't do it from a dead stop. Roll forward a bit and use your trolley brake. If you are sliding too fast use your tractor brakes to stop you.

That is so easy on your truck especially when you are fully loaded.

7. Lyle H

Lyle H Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    On the part about rolling to slide your tandems , it’s easy if you have the manual release lever.
    If you have air release pins you must first release the pins and then wedge something in your push pull valve and then supply air back to the trailer.
    Then you can roll forward with your pins retracted and use your trolley lever to apply the brakes to help slide your tandems.

tscottme Thanks this.
  8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    You just HAD to go there, didn’t you? :rolleyes:

Wasted Thyme Thanks this.
  9. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    What happens in West Memphis, stays in West Memphis.

10. black_dog106

black_dog106 Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2009
    MA
    ^^^^^^^^^ This X2
    When many members speak, the entire forum listens! Some members nearly walk on water...:occasion5:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    God prefers Diesels and Dino soar Thank this.
  11. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    Some of you know I didn't know jack #### about trucking when I started in this business. All I knew was how to drive a truck, HOS, and how to turn wrenches. A year ago, I thought a broker and a dispatcher were the same thing. I didn't even know tandems could slide. I had no idea the point of a spread axle, other than they looked cool. The list goes on.

TTR and it's people made me the trucker I am today.

black_dog106 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.