Truckers review ATBS accounting tax services

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by Powell007, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    ATBS is the worst.....$1020 for "accounting and consulting" fees??????
    I have a CPA with a very nice firm in a very, very nice office building in Atlanta Ga that charges $600 a year.

ATBS stands for
    Another
    Trucking
    Bull----
    Scam

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Starboyjim

Starboyjim Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    One thing I do, always remember to do, is to monitor my tax reporting as closely as I can. I wish it was as easy as some of the posters seem to think. I have 3 properties, one's a rental, a working wife with a bi-annual dependent, some investment incomes, and a few other complexities. I'm very much alert to missing deductions, a lesson Iearned earlier in life. Some accountants file to cover their backside, which makes a victim of the client. An accountant, wherever found, should be willing to push the legal envelope. If the IRS wants to question an item, believe it, they'll be in touch. I've wrestled them 3 or 4 times, won all but one, and got a nice reduction out of that experience.

If I, anyone, leaves one accountant, I'd better be dang sure the next one is an improvement. It's hard to get a straight referral, because all the clients are different. Some just give the information to the CPA, some are closely involved, some are just a straight 1040A, some are pretty complicated, so on. I'm always shopping but so far ATBS is doing all right. With a few disagreements.

Happy Tax Time, Y'all!

Lab_Rat_Logistics and KeepUp Thank this.
  4. Starboyjim

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    There has been a change: from the IRS publication. My question is, if we claim this deduction solely for meals, what about the rest of our travel costs? Tools, clothing, office supplies - we just submit receipts for straight deductions, right?

If this applies to you, the standard daily meal allowance is $59 a day ($65 for travel outside the continental United States) for January 1, 2015 through September 30, 2015. The standard meal allowance for October 1, 2015 through December 31, 2015 is $63 a day ($68 for travel outside the continental United States). To determine which rate you should use, see Transition Rules in Pub. 463. Using the special rate for transportation workers eliminates the need for you to determine the standard meal allowance for every area where you stop for sleep or rest. If you choose to use the special rate for any trip, you must use the special rate (and not use the regular standard meal allowance rates) for all trips you take that year. Travel for days you depart and return. For both the day you depart for and the day you return from a business trip, you must prorate the standard meal allowance (figure a reduced amount for each day). You can do so by one of two methods.

• Method 1: You can claim 3/4 of the standard meal allowance.

5. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    Yes, I always figure those things separately from my days out.

6. Starboyjim

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    That's what I've been doing, Oscar, but now I have to verify that ATBS is seeing the same picture. I seem to recall something about "those items are included," but I need to revisit to be sure I know what I'm thinking is right on. Thanks.

7. PrettyBoyTrucker

PrettyBoyTrucker Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Raleigh, NC
    ATBS charges me $25 a week. But i been with them for 6 months or so. & you have to make sure they have everything correct.

8. MayhemTrucking

MayhemTrucking Heavy Load Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Denham Springs, La.
    I keep up with my own every month using truck designed software. One time purchase and that's it. Then if u keep that current you will know your quarterly figures. If not comfortable with taxes just print out everything you have done all year and pay a cpa firm or tax firm to file.. even with all that you will still save over 1000 a year.

9. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    As a company driver, they charge $200 to prepare and file my taxes.

10. 1951 ford

1951 ford Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Goddard, KS
    What software do you use? Thanks, Chris

11. MayhemTrucking

MayhemTrucking Heavy Load Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Denham Springs, La.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.