TRUCKERS STRIKE-UNITE

Discussion in 'Truckers Strike Forum' started by KC0TBX, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Kenworth 4life

Kenworth 4life Medium Load Member

Feb 16, 2017
    Augusta, Maine
    Well Shirley, you need to realize that for every driver making good money, there's two bit chin they are going broke.

CJndaTruck Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    For all those wishing to strike...

4. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Ive got a much better idea..everyone just abandon their trucks while under load..leave trucks scattered all over the country...Lol

crb Thanks this.
  5. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Instead of a strike, how about a lawsuit tying our pay to the eLogs?

(Or get the Labor Department to stop classifying us as "unskilled labor"?)

The real loss in income is all the uncompensated time at loading/unloading and unpaid "areas of responsibility"

ie: I can be fined if I miss an item on my pre-trip but I'm not paid (or according to the Labor Department, qualified!) to do it.

Dharok, jethro712 and Midnightrider909 Thank this.
  6. Ric Rabbit

Ric Rabbit Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Atlanta metro area GA
    WHAT?? I've was getting at least a $dollar/mile . . . .

. . . . forty years ago!!!!

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You will never strike the USA. Too many cats. And always a few alleys hungry and starving to haul something for price of a meal.

Sit and think about it. If you did stop the food, gas and mission critical loads the USA will be descent into anarchy requiring Military Occupation in a very short time.

American Truckers with experience are very expensive, they are slowly being replaced first by two immigrants in two trucks for double the revenue and eventually by Ottos. (Computer trucks.)

Assume 20 years from now everything is delivered by Robots, YOU the striker will have nothing to do with trucking then, maybe serving as a fetch it boy feeding them fuel for a basic living wage.

Dharok Thanks this.
  8. Kenworth 4life

Kenworth 4life Medium Load Member

Feb 16, 2017
    Augusta, Maine
    I'm not leaving my truck anywhere, I bought and paid for her, and one of my driver's would never do that they have a deep moral obligation,it's the way they were raised, if you take a job do it if you don't want to do it then find another job

x1Heavy, cnsper and noluck Thank this.
  9. Free labor

Free labor Bobtail Member

May 2, 2017
    I support this guy 100%. I've been job hoppin for 30 years looking for a trucking job that I can be proud of .they don't exist . Ther all free labor greedy scabs ,if 40% are job hopping every year. Then why can't we just Agree on a date for everybody to jump ship. Yer gonna doit anyway. Doit at the same week I think quitting in November would be good . Save your money ,take a couple months off. Plus this is elog mandate month. You don't need to make any speeches about are needs because these company's know what the problem is. BETTER PAY BETTER TIME OFF!

Dharok Thanks this.
  10. Free labor

May 2, 2017
    Don't need to stop goods from being delivered .only slow things down enough to make every thing hard for every day bissiness. When things get stressed .thell fix things. It wouldnt take many trucks being parked to slow things down. If all the job hoppers that jump ship every year would do this all at the same time and take a few weeks off Between jobs .they would all be offered more money ther 2nd week off to come back. I will be jumping ship in November and not coming back to work till march. Why? Because they don't pay me enough to drive on ice and snow.

11. Free labor

May 2, 2017
    I think putting sand in motor blocks would be better ,then we could all quit when the motor goes bad. This would teach the trucking company's a big lesson on supporting free labor ,Just joking. Lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.