TRUCKERS STRIKE-UNITE

Discussion in 'Truckers Strike Forum' started by KC0TBX, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

I didn't take the week off but for some reason, even though I went from PA to WI to TX and back to MD, I never saw a scale. :angel9:

It's nice that my company doesn't micro manage routing.

EDIT: I forgot Roanoke. But they were closed (for a change) when I rolled past on the weekend. I guess they used up their OT budget for the week already. =D

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. J.S.

J.S. Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Texas
    What you are talking is corporate takeover without a lynchpin or person high I.e. A multi billion dollar foreigner who offers to all drivers pay during the strike in which they(billionairo) would have a gain at the end like hiring ALL the drivers WITH The better pay scale. ONE COMPANY, ALL THE DRIVERS IN THE COUNTRY. There has to be a negotiator that offers a valid reason and way to strike without people going hungry and homeless.

4. Johnpur1974

Johnpur1974 Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2017
    Yes this has gone on to long I support this auction and will tell all I know that stop the wheels is a must for all of us let me know when jpurcell658@gmail.com

5. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    It will never happen.

runningman0661 Thanks this.
  6. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Agreed, the last " shutdown" they had I think a few 100 trucks shutdown. You either adapt or die in this profession. It's sad, because we will lose a lot of good quality drivers, but the writings on the wall.

mitrucker Thanks this.
  7. Ric Rabbit

Ric Rabbit Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Atlanta metro area GA
    I drive a 64,000lb tandem axle (that 2 plus steer) solid steel OxBodyTANK. The next time one of you freight haulin morons tries to run me over on a single lane I285 on-ramp I guarantee it will be the LAST THING you ever do!!!

8. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Wtf is that all about ?

9. Ric Rabbit

Ric Rabbit Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Atlanta metro area GA
    Diesel sorry reply was not directed at MITRUCKER his comment just set me off. Doesn't really matter what the collective "we" decide come DEC 18th there will not only be a "driver shortage" but an equipment, truck shortage as well (it's inevitable as a lot in non-compliance simply drop out.)
    My company's tankers aren't ready. Sand wagons and tandems can probably 'get by" but last time I brought up the subject just received a lot of blank stares.

Incident I referred to did happen - what goes 'round comes 'round "is all I 'ave to say 'bout THAT"!

GUMP
    ( p.s. i've taken a likin' to deliberately holding up traffic on the Atlanta loop will SHUT EM DOWN anyway I can help!! :mad: )

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  10. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Met a gentleman tonight at goodwill. He was volunteering and helped me get some bags out of my car. (Not that I needed help, but it seemed impolite to shoo him off)

He saw my logbook and asked me who I drove for what have you. So I asked him what he did.

He hauled Food THREE YEARS AGO, had a preventable on ice, fired on the spot and has been on SS ever since. But he volunteers at Goodwill part time.

Sooooo, another mule IN the cart as the rest of us PULL the cart.

Wonder how much longer that will last?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.