Truckers Trivia.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by yuban, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Starboyjim

Starboyjim Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    "Respect is earned, not given." So you withhold respect until another person proves themselves respectable to your value structure, Mack? Nice. I guess that's how you want others to be toward you, no respect until you do something to prove yourself worthy of their respect? What's respect, I seem to have forgotten anyway.

Since time began people have hassled others, mostly those who weren't like themselves, over all kinds of garbage. I don't like that. I like cooperation. But since the western civilization colonial period, when European nations pretty much took the world away from people of color, being dark skinned has been really tough. It's unnecessary and it's really awful from the "minority" side of the issue. So I try to cooperate with getting past that racist, colonial state of mind, and to cooperate with the people who are actually experiencing the discrimination.

Mack, I don't see myself coming over to agree that these people are thin skinned, or that they should just suck it up and let white people do whatever they want. Big Don, that goes for you as well. I don't agree with anyone in that mindset. Enough on that.

Mack E-6, I completely agree with the urge to set out again after being at home for a bit. I've been home for about 10 days, trying to straighten out the mess my renters made of my little rental home. I'm going to sell it, can't find a responsible renter - of any skin color or nationality. This last couple was the worst yet, one caucasian, one hispanic (the female) both working, had a young daughter - totally trashed my house, yard, fence, cabinets, the list is long and disgusting. And expensive. I've been wanting to set out for about 8 days, since before my truck got out of the shop for exhaust leaks around the turbo. It's hard to balance rolling my Freightliner and staying home taking care of my stuff here, including my wife. Actually, I can't wait to set out, but then my pickup died with a fuel problem. Soon as possible, for sure.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    As far as I'm concerned you don't need to even think about coming around to my point of view on anything. After your response about first responders, in another thread, I realized what your mind set is, so go try to pick a fight with someone who might give a right rip about your opinion.

4. Starboyjim

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    Big Don, about that "first responders" post - either I didn't express myself right, or you jumped to a conclusion that I didn't mean, or say, maybe a little of both. The incident was very minor, but the response was overwhelming, too much response for the incident itself. It happens that's all I was saying. You judged my entire "mindset" by one inaccurately phrased line? Nice. I hope you get the benefit of that same response some day.

Your comment that I was insensitive to victims and critical of first responders wasn't called for by my post, I didn't think. I just think there was too much response for the incident itself. And I looked up later, no injuries, no harm, just some bent sheet metal. I know you've seen the signs all over America - bent fenders please pull off the road. And that's all it was. I have no desire to troll anybody.

5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Yes, "earned and not given".

People I meet get treated with manners and common courtesy, as I would expect in return.

They get my respect once they earn it, and that's accomplished by demonstrating such virtues as honor and integrity. If someone has some sort of race based issue with that, then as far as I'm concerned it is THEY who have the problem.

As for the "racism" malarkey you're trying to peddle here, I did not own slaves. To my knowledge no one in my family owned slaves, and anyone who was a slave OR owned slaves prior to the abolition of slavery is long dead.

To hold the living responsible for the actions of long dead ancestors is, to say the very least, completely and utterly stupid. I'm certainly not held responsible by those I know of the Jewish faith for the reprehensible actions of my German ancestors during WWII, and anyone who does that deserves neither courtesy NOR respect. :cool:

Ruthless, Toothpick1 and Stormy 69 Thank this.
  6. Stormy 69

Stormy 69 Medium Load Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Confusion
    Yea what you said!!

7. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
  8. Starboyjim

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.