Truckers...why?

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by 81539, Jul 19, 2007.

1. 81539

81539 Bobtail Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Mendota, Illinois
    I'll use today as an example... I was coming home from seeing my mother at the hospital which is in Rockford, IL. and I'm driving along at a peacefully 70mph pace in my old saturn. I come up to a group of 7 trucks and i pull into the passing lane to, well, pass. As I come up to the last 2 trucks the second to last truck pulls into the left lane to what I thought would be to pass.. Ok, thats fine, I'm not in that big of a hurry, although the road behind me was clear as far as the eye could see...
    Anyway here I am, behind this truck waiting for him to pass.. And both trucks start slowing down...wtf? So they slow down to 50 mph.. And drive like that for 5 miles, until one finally passes.

This isn't the first time, but it's the worst one.

Why?

p.s. I was banned on the last truck forum for asking this question.?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Were you climbing a hill at this time?

You were banned from somewhere just for asking this question? What site was that?

4. 81539

81539 Bobtail Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Mendota, Illinois
    No, it was a on interstate 39 just north of Mendota, completely flat.

I was banned from [trucking boards]

5. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Medium Load Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Texas
    If it was flatland, and both trucks slowed down to 50mph, the only people that can answer your question would be those two truck drivers.

Nobody here knows the specifics. Could be, the truckers were just being jerks, could be you were tailgating and it annoyed them, could be many things. Asking here won't really help you unless one of those two truck drivers are here on this forum to answer.

Mighty Mouse Thanks this.
  6. 81539

81539 Bobtail Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Mendota, Illinois
    I'm just asking because it's the second time this has happened to me... I don't tailgate for my own safety, but because this is the second time this has happened.... I'm just frustrated..

7. Bullwinkle

Jun 11, 2006
    Texas
    Again, you are asking people a question that they don't have an answer to. Nobody here can tell you what is going on in the minds of you or the truck drivers you dealt with.

Not trying to be a smartmouth, but seriously, this is a question that can only bring about opinionated debates, and no facts.

happypappy25 Thanks this.
  8. crazymama

crazymama <strong>The Gardener</strong>

Jul 14, 2007
    Kansas City Missouri
    It's not just truck drivers that do this. Where I live I have to take a section of highway that the exits are on the left. Because of the stupid speeders believing they own the left side of the road, I have a hard time sometimes getting off at my exit. I start to get into the left exit with plenty of time before my exit. But almost every time I go to the store some idiot thinks I'm trying to get out at the front of the pack. They'll speed up the very second they see me turn on my left turn signal. They'll literally race me and adjust their speed to keep me from getting over! These are 4 wheelers doing this but people are people no matter what vehicle they are in. I'll never understand the childishness of it all. But for the most part we just need to stay away from people and hang back. It's not worth it to get into a war or encourage more road rage.

Suzi

Mighty Mouse Thanks this.
  9. 81539

81539 Bobtail Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Mendota, Illinois
    I know what your talking about, but the highway I was on was a rural interstate, right exit only..

I understand what your all saying, the actions of a few don't and shouldn't represent many..

I just thought that since this happened twice to me in one month it was a trucker thing......

10. Bullwinkle

Jun 11, 2006
    Texas
    nope, not a "trucker thing"

11. wallbanger

wallbanger "Enemy of showers everywhere"

Nah, not a trucker thing, just a two jerks in their trucks thing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.