Truckin' to Alaska - Need permit help

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Winchester Magnum, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Winchester Magnum

Winchester Magnum Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Alaska highway
    I'm trying to pull off a round to Alaska this year with a spread axle reefer, but we're only apportion from the states of MN to Tx and everything east. I've heard of the weight restrictions of a spread thru Ab and Bc being 20,000 on the trailer....that said, my question is twofold - what would an "overweight" permit r cost and what would the temporary 30 day trip permits cost to get thru Mb, Sk, Ab, Bc amd the Yukon? I do know Alaska is not part of IFTA. I called Comdata on this and they were of no help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. walleye

walleye Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Land of Cheese
    Send Native Dancer a PM,....He would know more about that than almost anyone on this site,...

4. Winchester Magnum

Jan 4, 2009
    Alaska highway
    I think I'll just call him soon. I'd be intersted in hearing fom others tho in the meantime, who've had to obtain temp permits.

5. LBZ

LBZ Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Road to Nowhere
    Guess while you are asking this, does the speed limiter have to be installed too?

6. shriner75

shriner75 Heavy Load Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Minnesota, dontcha know...
    Not to jump the gun but if you do go, keep us posted on it. WOuld be great to hear of your travels.

7. Winchester Magnum

Jan 4, 2009
    Alaska highway
    My truck revs out at 85 MPH, so yes, I am already limited...(grin).....seriously tho, the speed limiter thang is in Ontario, a province I would not even go thru enroute to Alaska from Wisconsin.

slabrunner Thanks this.
  8. Winchester Magnum

Jan 4, 2009
    Alaska highway
    shriner, if I find a way to pull this off, there will be a full thread complete with pics and info. 'Preciate the interest!!

9. LBZ

LBZ Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Road to Nowhere
    That is good to know, thought it was everything on the other side of the fence. I'll definitely be watching this thread, want to see the pics.:)

10. dino6960

dino6960 YOUDAMAN

Jun 25, 2009
    florida
    magnum would be very interested to see and hear,,,,,,,,,iv always wanted to go to alaska,,,have a friend that lives in juno i keep in touch with ,,where would you be going in alaska???? looking forward to hearing tha adventures good luck:biggrin_25523:

Winchester Magnum Thanks this.
  11. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Dang, you gonna run the "AL-CAN and get your purdy truck all messed up? Hope that load pays good. Luck to ya'.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.