Trucking Companies Boost Pay in Hunt for Drivers as Demand Surges

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by autopaint, Apr 14, 2021.

1. VA CDL Holder

VA CDL Holder Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2011
    I thought I was going back to Knight next week, but at the last minute they emailed me and said the Corporate Safety Dept. has decided to pass on me. Even though I have no tickets, accidents and have clean Level 1, 2 and 3 inspections associated with my CDL. I last drove for them in December and I'm thinking that maybe some of the SmartDrive videos I created are being used against me. If so they can pound sand for all I care. If you want God to drive your trucks, then you better start paying more than 44 cents per mile.

Or most likely it's my spotty work history. Work 4 months take 6 off, whatever man! If you're holding that against me, well there's more to life than working like a dog to feed the Knight brothers' bottom line. I guess I'll just stay in the Philippines and teach English or just relax. Never let them see you sweat.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mpd240

mpd240 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Minnesota
    Many drivers are underpaid. If you make 70000 a year but have to work over 60 hrs a week and be gone for weeks on end it isnt that great. These article cry that they are short of drivers. Most people don’t know we’re exempt from overtime and can legally work 70 hours a week. Who else does this? You want me to work like that give me good Benifits and pay me big $$$$. Or #### off.

sevenmph and '88K100 Thank this.
  4. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    In Canada all the seats are being filled with immigrants willing to work for below average wage so pay scale not increasing...no future in trucking.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.