TRUCKING COMPANIES THAT DO PAID TRAINING NEAR AMARILLO?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Smoken0221, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Smoken0221

Smoken0221 Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Hello,

Im a 28 year old former driver thats looking to go back into the industry. my cdl was downgraded to a class c because of no medical card and i think i will have to take all the tests and everything all over again because its been about 2 years since that happened unfortunatley... Looking for a company that runs through my area or even has a sub terminal in Amarillo Texas or surrounding area that would be a good fit. Thank you all for your time..

Steven

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    www.wdtmilk.com
    Abernathy, Texas, located just 20 miles north of Lubbock, is the home of WDT’s second training academy. In operation since 2014, Abernathy Training Academy is situated on the grounds of the former Abernathy Municipal Airport. Over a mile of paved runway is available to train drivers in their basic skills. The staff is made up of experienced driver trainers to supply the needs of the dairy industry from the Texas panhandle to the south plains of Lubbock.

Smoken0221 Thanks this.
  4. Smoken0221

Jul 13, 2015
    Thanks Chinatown. I’ll check it out

5. Smoken0221

Jul 13, 2015
    I looked into it, it looks like you have to have your CDL first

6. Cabinover101

Cabinover101 Heavy Load Member

Jul 28, 2019
    If your CDL was downgraded just bc of no medical card, does that mean if you get your medical they will up grade it again for you?
    Maybe if you also take the written/ computer test again at the DMV for combination?

Smoken0221 Thanks this.
  7. Smoken0221

Jul 13, 2015
    see I’m not sure about that... I would hope so but since it’s been a long while I don’t know.

Cabinover101 Thanks this.
  8. Cabinover101

Jul 28, 2019
    I would call the DMV and ask them. I would say they would probably make you take the test again and pay the fee. Then you would have your CDL back ... unless they require a road test? Just so you know most or all states now require that your Medical Card and Long Form be attached to your license at the DMV in your home state. Basically they scan it into your record

Smoken0221 Thanks this.
  9. Smoken0221

Jul 13, 2015
    alrighty. Preciate that info. Yea I’m gonna give em a shout on Monday and see what the deal is with that. Hopefully in Texas you just get the card and walaa you get your CDL back in good standing but I heard some other states have a time limit on it. Like Kansas is only 90 days then you have to do everything all over again. Hopefully that’s not the case though :(

Cabinover101 Thanks this.
  10. Cabinover101

Jul 28, 2019
    There's lots of practice test online, even on here there is a section

Smoken0221 Thanks this.
  11. Cabinover101

Jul 28, 2019
    Here's an excerpt from the Texas website
    CDL Downgraded for Medical Certification
    If your CDL or CLP has been downgraded due to an expired Medical Examiner's Certificate, you must visit your local driver license office to be upgraded. A CDL that was downgraded to a driver license (DL) solely for failure to provide a valid medical variance or medical examiners certificate, may be upgraded back to your previous CDL status (including restrictions and endorsements) without taking CDL knowledge and skills exams provided the following conditions are met:
    The record status must be Eligible (NOT suspended, revoked, disqualified, canceled)
    The DL has not been expired for more than two years
    The DL has not been renewed or re-issued (address change, name change, replacement) as a non-commercial driver license since the CDL was downgraded
    You must meet all CDL requirements and provide valid medical variance or medical examiners certificate (if applicable) or certify to an excepted status
    Applicable transaction fees will apply

Smoken0221 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.