Trucking companies that you wished were still in business

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Toms_2003_GT, Jul 15, 2010.

1. whitemule

whitemule Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Carlstadt? you worked with sharkie. I made the run with him to the windie city to pick up old jake in number 246,when he had the heart attack. not long before that lot was opened ,yep joe and his dad nick treated every one like family, only had two other bosses who did the same over 45 years on the road,see you moved west, lucky man.i'm still stuck in NJ only not in Bergen county, i'm in Sussex now, listening to cows and horses, only diesel sounds are tractors around me.

Phoenix97 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jOHNNYROTTEN

jOHNNYROTTEN Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2013
    I too worked for them on and off from 75 to 79 then from 80 to 90 local in carlstadt too.. Now I live in the Phoenix area also......small world.......who is this PM me and we'll talk!!

Phoenix97 Thanks this.
  4. jOHNNYROTTEN

Jun 12, 2013
    The long nose freightliner was Art Raines and his wive outta Houston!! Good Ole BOY!!

Phoenix97 Thanks this.
  5. jOHNNYROTTEN

Jun 12, 2013
    Hey I worked there too send me a pm and I'm tryint to figure out who Lucky strike is cause I live in phoenix now too!

Phoenix97 Thanks this.
  6. EverywhereMan

EverywhereMan Medium Load Member

May 28, 2013
    The North
    J&S Crawford and Son out of Mississauga, Ontario. My old man used to run OTR for those guys for years and years. Company retreats, family outings, Christmas parties for the kids. The owner really cared for his drivers. After 10 years with the company you were allowed to pick any truck on the market and it would become yours. They regularly entered truck shows and had an awesome show truck called Unity 1, was a Freightliner Classic XL. I'll try and dig up some pictures but some of you may have seen it already. These guys just had pride in their company. Once my father and I were on a trip down to Florida over the holidays and everything was closed for a few days including the weekend. The owner happened to be in Florida as well at his vacation home. Not only did he let us stay with him, he gave my dad his Town Car to drive around and sight see with. Great company missed by many.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  7. highspeed1972

highspeed1972 Light Load Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Weatherby Lake, MO
    CF consolidated freight

Churchhill truck lines

Edjahman Thanks this.
  8. al_huryn

al_huryn Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Philadelphia, PA
    Sounds just like the Obama "you didn't create that" bit....

RockinChair and mustang970 Thank this.
  9. pusherman

pusherman Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2013

10. Oi!

Oi! Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
  11. rocknroll81

rocknroll81 Road Train Member

Sep 29, 2010
    West Allis Wi.
    Just ran across this thread, I remember P.I.E., Had a terminal in Milwaukee, worked there '79 - '80 through the union hall on the docks as a casual, then it became Ryder/P.I.E. and then the end came....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.