Trucking companies trashing ex employee's personal credit

Discussion in 'Covenant' started by mrsfuzzy, Jun 22, 2010.

1. REDD

REDD The Legend

Jun 29, 2009
    Dueling Banjoville
    It is possible that the driver may owe the company money.

Accidents I can't see being charged back to the driver. That is what insurance is for. Oh.... That's right! Most of these big companies are self insured! That is why they can do that. I think they should be required to use a third party insurer just like I have to!

Cleaning of trucks.... I can see the driver being responsible for those charges. Come on & think about it.... These driver's are nasty pigs! They pee, poop, eat, masturbate, & whatever else in the #### truck. I've seen some trucks with trash piled as high as the door handles in some trucks. DRIVER'S.... If your going to quit or move into a different truck. Then clean up your old one!!! It doesn't have to have a showroom detail, but make it respectable. In my eyes.... YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS COST IF THE COMPANY HAS TO PAY TO HAVE IT DONE!!

Abandoned trucks... YEP!!! The driver is responsible for that as well! They are lucky they are only being charged the retrieval costs. If your assigned a Covenant truck out of Chattanooga (Their terminal is actually in Tiftonia).... Then when your done with it, return it too CHATTANOOGA!!! I don't care how hard you think you've got it..... RETURN THE #### TRUCK TOO THE LOCATION YOU GOT IT!!!! If you abandon my truck.... You will be charged for vehicle theft. Why? Because that is actually what your committing by not returning your equipment!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I would suggest contacting a bill collection company if you have proper legal documentation or judgment
    We don't allow posting of personal information on the board for this purpose
    I do wish you good luck

kickin chicken Thanks this.
  4. Rhinestone Eyes

Rhinestone Eyes Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Miami, Fl
    YOU GOT THIS WRONG: IT IS A PERSONAL CAR LEFT WHILE DRIVING, NOT A xxxxxxx TRUCK. Read slower.

But aren't you glad you're not a driver? You can't be or you would remember!:biggrin_2557:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2010
  5. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    I'm a Cov. driver, sometimes they have made some mistakes and paid me more miles than I drove, or paid detention - although there's no detention pay in my division.... I never said anything. But I hope in the future they won't "find out" their mistake and decide to charge me for that... and add interest and such.... :biggrin_2556:

6. TruckrsWife

TruckrsWife Significant Otter

Aug 29, 2008
    God's Country, CA
    If you were paid money for something you didn't earn, wouldn't the right thing have been telling payroll about it? At least this way you would have a clear conscience. Do you keep it to yourself when they short your pay? I'm guessing you wouldn't.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
    Roadmedic Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.