Trucking Company Awards, Marketing or What?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by any name you wish, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Years ago, I had a very wise high school wood shop teacher, who told us "Figures don't lie, but liars figure". Remember it to this day.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    This from the bat who refuses anyone but a Kentuckian.....

4. any name you wish

any name you wish Light Load Member

May 13, 2021
    I'm not actually a trucker. I'm a geographer with a bit of legal training. Sometimes I drive trucks, but not that often. Instead, I constantly mull over statistics. Other than some part-time military duty now, I'm actually retired. I regularly process statistics for fallacies and context almost as a hobby. I won't accept a statistic without about at least a 5 page report on it done in an unbiased manner. I believe in the old-school scientist that tries to prove himself wrong, not the new ones that try to prove themselves right—and worthy of government grants. People will complain about my attention to detail; if I get on your nerves, just tell me, and I'll leave you alone. But that's just the way I roll.

God prefers Diesels Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    My wife and 15 yr. old son are fanatics about details; drives me crazy. They do math without writing any numbers down and run trends in their head before purchasing anything or when looking at stock statistics. I feel like the village idiot.

JohnBoy and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  6. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Once you’ve savored the top shelf, nectar of Gods, nothing else will do!

Lonesome Thanks this.
  7. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Landstar is bad. Go to Schneider.

Gearjammin' Penguin and bzinger Thank this.
  8. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    The 100 truck fleet I'm leased to gets con agra frozen foods regional carrier of the year award every year ...steady good paying work for me .

Speed_Drums and Chinatown Thank this.
  9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I was a company flatbed driver and pulled a few Admiral Merchants loads. The 0/0's leased there were satisfied with the pay.
    I was running paper logs then and Admiral Merchants had lots of real long runs; Ft. Lewis, WA to Wilmington, NC is one example of many. I was running those loads like a team could.

Speed_Drums and bzinger Thank this.
  10. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I've seen Prime with one of those "Best Company to drive for 20##" stickers on the back of their trailers... that's enough proof for me that is all just propaganda bull stuff.

Speed_Drums and bzinger Thank this.
  11. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    My thoughts are if one has to brag about being the best, they're hiding something.

Some of the best workers I've been around are quietly going about their business, and working circles around the ones you notice.

Companies are the same way. Those that brag about being the best to work for usually are a scumbag outfit behind the scenes. Those that don't advertise such crap and work in relative silence, are the place to be.

Look at Prime. They advertise they're one of the top carriers in the country. But talk to one of the thousands of failed lease operators to get the real story. See their shiny plastic cookie cutter trucks meandering down the road at the breakneck speed of 58 mph? Think that's gonna be enjoyable?

Then look at the carriers that you see, that DON'T brag about being the best, and attempt to get hired by them. Some of these places you don't get hired until someone retires or dies or quits. And there's a good reason for that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.