Trucking Gimmicks

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by line, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Doug Andrus tops out around .42 a mile so I imagine they have to try pretty hard to recruit drivers these days.

Mooseontheloose Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowlauncher

snowlauncher Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    When I drove for them I ran hard and could do over 3K miles on a weekly settlement. I did a lot of runs from Idaho to the East and deep South, then a quick turn and backhaul to the NW and home for a reset. Usually took 7-10 days if things went well. As I said before the mileage rate could be better, but it's not terrible compared to many of the megas. If you live in Idaho, it's well above the average living wage. A driver who runs hard for them could gross $60K in a year. They also have a grain hopper fleet. I heard from some drivers that they run regional and are taking home around $80K per year.

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  4. Rugerfan

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    If they hired in Oregon on the reefer side and paid a little higher I’d be there

snowlauncher Thanks this.
  5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I like the ones that say “<—- Our most valuable resource sits here” on the sides of the trailers.

6. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    I got a voicemail the other day from a certain company (cough,cough JB Stunt,cough,cough) that promised me a local or regional position that would pay up to $70K a year. Needless to say we all know their spin on details. You couldn’t pay that much to drive any of their 62 mph trucks and even then,I know they wouldn’t pay that much to begin with,based on the horror stories posted here.

line Thanks this.
  7. line

line Medium Load Member

Dec 28, 2017
    They spend more on logo and slogan changes than driver pay

mjd4277 and snowlauncher Thank this.
  8. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    should you ask to talk to the drivers making that amount? It is up to.....something.

9. snowlauncher

snowlauncher Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    I think that's their main problem with getting drivers. Their wages are not competitive enough to entice drivers to leave their current gig. Nice equipment and good miles, being on a first name basis with the shop and office personnel, and home often(for OTR) is nice, but not reason enough to make a move for many...
    When it all boils down to it, we work for the bottom line and as such, if they want more drivers they need to offer more CPM, not try to entice by paying sign on and interview bonuses.

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  10. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Could be some of us ran ourselves into the ground driving, had to take time to get health back on track which is taking a bit over a year so far and need to live a certain lifestyle to keep improving because we aging, we miss trucking but they done changed it, I never eld,d it yet.

11. Rugerfan

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I agree those are all nice things. I’m sure they’ll catch up someday.

snowlauncher Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.