Trucking in the real world

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by The MACHINE, Mar 1, 2019.

1. The MACHINE

The MACHINE Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2019
    I was looking up some info on total transportation today. I work here and came across a few negative reviews. I've been a driver for 25 plus years and seen a lot in that time. Trucking companies are basically all the same. I dont know a dispatcher on the planet that doesnt lie or a load planner that doesnt hold loads back for their buds. And nothing that you can do will ever change it. That's trucking. But I like where I work. Good southern people. Orientation pay is 90 a day. 3 meals provided unlike many companies that give you 2 hot dogs at lunch and no drink. 500 bonus paid upon upgrade. Good equipment. All relatively new just like a.lot of companies. Some reviews are not so nice, but I've found a lot of people bring that on themselves when they come in with bad attitudes. I've seen students beaten up at other companies and come thru our doors with huge chips on their shoulders. And they quit and all of a sudden were the worst place on the earth. Get real. Some people just aren't happy unless they're #####ing about the least little thing. Every company has its problems, ours included. But one thing we've done is take an active role in getting feedback from all the drivers to help make improvements. Really really. And it's working. I'm sorry if the string on your tampon broke. You probably aren't trucker material to begin with to be honest. This is a real job, a tough one and we dont have time for whiners. No trucking company does. I made 93k last year as a company driver. That's bangin. Usable insurance, home when I ask. I will retire from here. I've worked other places in my career and dealt with all manner of issues. That's everywhere. But I'm here to stay because I like the people. You get what you give in life. Be a whiner and get #### on or man up and be treated like a man. Or woman... Your choice.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Is this the total with the triangle logo?

4. The MACHINE

Mar 1, 2019
    Yup

5. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Wow, that's impressive website lists 50cpm. Do you run team, or did you drive 190k miles last year? ;)

6. The MACHINE

Mar 1, 2019
    I'm a trainer and on a salary with bonuses

Lonesome Thanks this.
  7. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Gotcha.

8. The MACHINE

Mar 1, 2019
    All I was trying to get across is total is a decent company to work for. Every company has its ups and downs. I've been out here 25 years and know both good and bad companies. This is a good one. That's all

9. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Most all companies are about the same, yes I agree most drivers bring issues and drama upon themselves

Farmerbob1 and Brettj3876 Thank this.
  10. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Isn't Total part of US Xpress?

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  11. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    Yes total express now belongs to U.S Express. Ive also came across their ad looking for drivers to haul doubles and it pays $1400. Im really skeptical about the pay as it does not mention if its gross or after taxes.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.