Trucking recruiter wants me to goto a notory republic.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Mlongrie, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Mlongrie

Mlongrie Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Reno, NV
    I have a CDL but no experience, recent student.

This recruiter from one of the super-large trucking companies called me, because I submitted a job application, but he didn't really say much, and I didn't really ask much but he did verify my email address. So then I got 4 emails from him, one of which asked me to fill out a form and have a notary republic certify that I am unemployed. How does this make sense at all?

My last job was in Afghanistan and I've been unemployed for awhile now, but not collecting because I'm not eligible, so theres no unemployment benefit stubs, or whatever. So I go to the notary person and say, hey, certifiy this paper that says I'm unemployed, I filled it out, and really the only way for you to know that I'm not working is to ask me, which will somehow prove to this trucking company beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am not working.

They also seem pretty serious about contacting my previous empoyers and verifying that I indeed, have no truck driving experience, as I've said. And am not trying to pull a fast one, by pretending to be a rookie.

I would think a license check, and background check, and a drug test, and perhaps contacting the school I attended, would be the best hiring method.

These guys just seem strange, I'm going to put em at the bottom of my list.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bubba mark

bubba mark Medium Load Member

Apr 9, 2009
    DOT requires a ten year work verification. Including all the times that you are unemployed.

4. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    I had to do this once but I was registered with the unemployemnt office. I got a letter from them stating dates that I was unemployed. You might want to check that out.

5. road dust

road dust Road Train Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    I have been unemployed the past year. I had to have two friends sign and notarize statements stating that I have been unemployed.

6. southernpride

southernpride Gone But Never Forgotten

Apr 5, 2009
    orlando,fl
    now personaly ive never heard of having to get a notary to prove your unemployed although i dont doubt it a bit , makes me glad to have my own trucks .
    it is unbelievabel what these people think they have to have and its pure BS although its true the dot wants 10 yrs previous employment , but to have it notorised, o how i miss the old days.
    i thank god evey day that i dont have to work for a trucking company, #### what a mess.

luck to all-----southernpride:biggrin_25510:

7. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Colorado
    Banks have Notary Publics (not republics)
    and if you go to your own bank it's usually free.

all the notary is stamping is that this signature is yours. Not that the statement is truthful just that you are who you say you are and you signed it in front of them and they witnessed it.

8. Mlongrie

Mlongrie Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Reno, NV
    Notary Public. I butchered that spelling then.

Well, I'll wait to see what offers and emails Monday brings.

9. wolfkeepers

wolfkeepers Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Lebanon Missouri
    Im coming off disability and Most companys want work history If unemployed its part of that it shouldnt go against you be glad there offering the opertunity might help to get your local employment office to give you a print out as well.

10. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

All the notary does is verify that the signature on some paper is being made by the person legally claiming to be that person. They don't analyze the document and verify the document is the real deal, they just verify the signature is made by the person.

Many people think notaries are similar to paralegals, and in some countries such as Mexico that is true. In the US a notary is a signature verifier.

11. Prairie Boy

Prairie Boy Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Edmonton, AB
    A Notary Public sometimes is also a lawyer.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.