Trucking schools- AZ and AL

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by anthony1995, Feb 13, 2007.

1. anthony1995

anthony1995 Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2006
    Hi, what are some good private trucking schools in my area? I'm in Tucson, AZ until May then I'm moving to Huntsville, Alabama. Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Alaskan

Alaskan Light Load Member

Jan 7, 2007
    Houston, Alaska
    I don't know of any, but I would deffinately do an online search if I was you and you will probably come up with better results. I ended up going out of state for my school...it might be beneficial for you to do the same. Also check out www.sageschools.com and see if they are near you.

4. Light Traveler

Light Traveler Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2007
    Somewhere out there...

List of accredited schools: http://www.ptdi.org/

5. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Not trying to be nosey, but what takes you to Huntsville. I lived there 03-04. Quite a diversified culture there.

6. anthony1995

Oct 9, 2006
    Hey! I grew up in the Huntsville area. I have most of my family back there so it's time to get back.

7. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    I take it you have been back to visit within the last couple of years? That area changes yearly. Plus with base realignment bringing in more military people the housing explosion is something to see. So many new subdivisions. Even 1000 new homes being built between Hampton Cove and Gurley.

Thursday, I will try to find the info on a school in Decatur that I can't remember the name of, but have written down somewhere. I did not get a chance to research them, but the guy I talked to on the phone was very knowledgeable and drove for 20 years. I'll see if I can find the info and get back to you.
    Good luck with your move.

8. anthony1995

Oct 9, 2006
    Thanks! I'd really appreciate it. I was back there visiting my dad 2 months ago. It's crazy the way it's growing there. Harvest, Hazel Green and New Market are exploding with new homes! The house prices are starting to get crazy though.

9. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    i was born there. wow i moved when i was 2-4 (about 75-76) my grandfather retired from NASA up there, the other worked at Redstone Arsenal. they all lived on the South end of town and one of my grandmothers (both my grandfathers have passed) moved to decateur a few years ago to live near my uncle who is a baptist minister there.

10. mArTmAn

mArTmAn Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Greenville, MS
    Man I just moved from Huntsville in November. I moved there right after 9/11. I worked for a company called KMC Telecom, then Directv who has a huge call center there and then ended up at Benchmark Electronics making computer boards. My dad is from there and I use to work at his mess hall on the Arsenal during the summers in the early 70's to make money to buy school clothes every year. The Pentagon is moving alot of jobs to Huntsville in the next 5 years or so and the population is expected to double at that time. I lived up on Winchester Rd near Johnson High School. I read somewhere on here or another board that there is a truck driving school on Toney which is just north of Huntsville.

Marty

11. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    all my family (still there) is on the south end S memorial p'way. Hobbs Island near the TN river bridge ETC.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.